Shower seats in normal rooms?

jorezba

3 minutes ago, jorezba said:

I found a cruise on the Spirit, but there are no handicap rooms available. Do the normal interior room showers have a seat built into the showers?? TIA

Actually I have gotten them. We ordered them ahead but never works.

It's a very small white plastic chair, not for someone heavy but yes they have them. Ask your cabin steward. I dont have a picture handy but they are small and white plastic chairs.

I've gotten them more than once. My sister cant stand in the shower and this worked for us. The showers were hand held I think though I washed her hair for her and think i handed her the wand. 

Carnival does have these.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, jorezba said:

Dang it. Ok. Thank you 🙂

They do have them... you can order them thru special needs. Lots of incorrect info posted today. People are just guessing. Contact special needs if you want to try to order ahead. .. though ordering never worked for us. 

My sister cruised with me and has balance issues. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jorezba said:

I found a cruise on the Spirit, but there are no handicap rooms available. Do the normal interior room showers have a seat built into the showers?? TIA

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs

You may want to check into an Ambulatory Accessible Cabin.   They are basically standard rooms with shower seats and grab bars.  There are many more of this type of room then there are Fully Accessible Cabins

Ambulatory Accessible Cabins (AAC): These staterooms are designed for use by guests with mobility limitations, who do not require the regular use of a wheelchair, scooter, or other similar assistive devices. For example, AAC are ideal for guests who only use an assistive device (like a cane or a walker) for traversing longer distances, and who may benefit from certain accessible features like grab bars, to assist with balance. Please keep in mind this type of stateroom has a step going into the bathroom and balcony (if applicable).

This PDF shows the location of the AAC rooms.  Check with special needs or even a travel agent of PVP for availability of these rooms.

If you need general information about accessibility before you cruise, or have an ADA complaint, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744 ext.70025, or 1800 072 670 ext. 70025 if calling from Australia. You can also email us at access@carnival.com. Carnival's designated ADA Responsibility Officer is Clarisa Stollenwerck, Vice President, Guest Operations.

Edited by Old Fart Cruisers

When Carnival moved us from Freedom to Spirit last year, I lost my ambulatory assessable cabin and they said there were none available.  My TA arranged for me to have a shower chair in the cabin.  I actually just used the chair as a foot stool on the balcony.  I really only needed the ambulatory assessable cabin for the grab bars in the shower and I purchased a suction cup grab bar on Amazon.  The suction cup grab bar worked very well and I was confident that it was safe.  So no, there are not shower chairs in regular cabins unless one is requested.

Edited by Cinnamon2

35 minutes ago, Cinnamon2 said:

When Carnival moved us from Freedom to Spirit last year, I lost my ambulatory assessable cabin and they said there were none available.  My TA arranged for me to have a shower chair in the cabin.  I actually just used the chair as a foot stool on the balcony.  I really only needed the ambulatory assessable cabin for the grab bars in the shower and I purchased a suction cup grab bar on Amazon.  The suction cup grab bar worked very well and I was confident that it was safe.  So no, there are not shower chairs in regular cabins unless one is requested.

This is good info. Accessible cabins sellout fast. My husband is an amputee and we have those Amazon grab bars for other trips they work ok in a standard shower.

11 hours ago, jorezba said:

9 hours ago, Old Fart Cruisers said:

https://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs

You may want to check into an Ambulatory Accessible Cabin.   They are basically standard rooms with shower seats and grab bars.  There are many more of this type of room then there are Fully Accessible Cabins

Ambulatory Accessible Cabins (AAC): These staterooms are designed for use by guests with mobility limitations, who do not require the regular use of a wheelchair, scooter, or other similar assistive devices. For example, AAC are ideal for guests who only use an assistive device (like a cane or a walker) for traversing longer distances, and who may benefit from certain accessible features like grab bars, to assist with balance. Please keep in mind this type of stateroom has a step going into the bathroom and balcony (if applicable).

This PDF shows the location of the AAC rooms.  Check with special needs or even a travel agent of PVP for availability of these rooms.

If you need general information about accessibility before you cruise, or have an ADA complaint, please call our Guest Access team at 1-800-438-6744 ext.70025, or 1800 072 670 ext. 70025 if calling from Australia. You can also email us at access@carnival.com. Carnival's designated ADA Responsibility Officer is Clarisa Stollenwerck, Vice President, Guest Operations.

If you contact Special Needs and can provide the required medical documentation, they may move someone already in an accessible room that has not provided that information.  Anyone can book accessible rooms but you do so, knowing you can be moved.  Some book them simply in hope they will get a free upgrade.