Cabin allocation on a late saver?

CruisingSarah

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Even if it is in a lifeboat😁

That made me laugh! 😆 

well the wait is over…. We got the cabin assigned today and it’s exactly what we booked a grade GF guarantee. 

We have got a standard balcony, deck 15 forward, just ahead of the big corner balcony one, it’s a GF on the deck plan.

We’re really fine with this, it looks fine, shouldn’t be any noise issues, decks above and below, not totally on the front that you worry about storm doors etc. 

we really thought we were going to get deck 5 as there were so many of those left, but I guess a lot of people got upgraded to those as they are a few grades higher due to location even though they have the covered balcony. 

I think we should be fine on such a big ship but given we are high and forward I will be sure to take enough Stugeron 😂

• Like 5

We booked this cruise some time ago and decided to go for early saver. We said we wanted a balcony cabin and were allocated a forward one. We knew that we would not be allocated a specific cabin until nearer the time but it is now 16 days before departure and we have heard nothing. Our TA has spoken to P&O who have reassured them that we do have a balcony cabin and that they will allocate one before departure; the only issue is when? I know that it can be a late as embarkation day but would have thought that as it is a sell out cruise for balcony and above they would know the cabin allocation and that we would not have to wait until we get to Malta to find out. Has anyone had any similar experiences?  

Yes I have read that. The reason I posted is that we booked a long time ago so would have expected cabin allocation when all balcony and above were shown as sold out. I readily acknowledge and appreciate that as we booked saver we are at the mercy of P&O and their computer so maybe in future we will have to go for select so that we have some certainty and avoid the anxious wait 

1 hour ago, Lancashire Lad 70 said:

Yes I have read that. The reason I posted is that we booked a long time ago so would have expected cabin allocation when all balcony and above were shown as sold out. I readily acknowledge and appreciate that as we booked saver we are at the mercy of P&O and their computer so maybe in future we will have to go for select so that we have some certainty and avoid the anxious wait 

We have booked early saver before and had our cabin allocated about a week before departure. You will be allocated your balcony cabin so try not to worry whilst you wait.

3 hours ago, Lancashire Lad 70 said:

Hi, I was the one who posted similar about Arvia.  We were allocated about 9 days before in the end.  One thing that I didn't realise as I kept on refreshing my P&O page and couldn't see anything and when I called the TA about another matter and mentioned it and they said they could see it, I refreshed and couldn't see it.  I had to log out and log back in and there it was, so possibly try this if you haven't already.  All the best with it.

• 2 weeks later...

We are due to fly out to Malta a week today and still no news of which balcony cabin we have been allocated. The TA has contacted P&O on numerous occasions only to be given the stock answer of ' you will get to know soon' 

Whilst I fully appreciate that with the saver fare you have to wait and that P&O are within their rights this is the first time that we have had to wait so long for cabin allocation. I would dearly love to know why, when the balcony cabins have been sold out for some considerable time, we are not able to be told which one. Is the allocation process on saver managed by a computer or is there any type of human intervention. My worst fear is that we land in Malta and the reps say ' whoops we have made a mistake, there are still some inside / obstructed view cabins available so take it or leave it

Has anyone ever been in that situation.

I know this doesn’t help but this is why I always go for ‘select’ I couldn’t stand the stress!

I don’t think it helps they do the bidding for an upgrade now, they’re probably sorting all that out first.

We have in the past done a mixture of select and saver but never have we been this late. I would agree that you are right with the bidding process except that for the last 8 weeks the balcony cabins have been sold out. I suppose that they could have held some cabins back for that process. We will now have to wait and see.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lancashire Lad 70 said:

We have in the past done a mixture of select and saver but never have we been this late. I would agree that you are right with the bidding process except that for the last 8 weeks the balcony cabins have been sold out. I suppose that they could have held some cabins back for that process. We will now have to wait and see.  

Hope you hear very soon.

Booked a late select fare but didn't get any choice of cabin or dining so really annoyed. We are returning to P&O after 3 years with no cruises for 1st 2 years but other lines in the last year. At least we got some OBC which offsets some of the extra £100's. More than 3 weeks away so still showing guarantee cabin.

Edited by killaypirate