Summit riding out the storm In Quebec.

C 2 C

I just heard from a friend that Summit will be overnighting in Quebec City for an extra day to avoid Lee.

A certain map program shows Zuiderdam and Summit docked a mile or so apart.  We will be boarding Zuiderdam tomorrow.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, CaribbeanBound said:

Interesting. Thank you.  The extra night in Quebec makes sense, and since there is a lot to do in Quebec, it's not a bad extra day.  Curious though what port will now be skipped.

It's apparently Prince Edward Island....have a grandson onboard.

On our September cruise last year it was also at hurricane time.  They re-ordered our ports.  We had to skip two ports due to hurricane damage, and we added overnights in Quebec City and Portland.  Surprisingly (to me) the seas were some of the calmest I've ever experienced in 20+ years of cruising.

We also get on on the 21st. Does anyone know if they are skipping PEI because of damage or just because it’s the next port? I think the itineraries are the same but we only have PEI and Portland, ME after Quebec City. 

21 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

On our September cruise last year it was also at hurricane time.  They re-ordered our ports.  We had to skip two ports due to hurricane damage, and we added overnights in Quebec City and Portland.  Surprisingly (to me) the seas were some of the calmest I've ever experienced in 20+ years of cruising.

That’s my experience too. On a cruise to Bermuda when there was a hurricane in the Bahamas the seas were the calmest I’ve ever seen, it’s like the storm sucks all the energy in the ocean and everything else is incredibly calm.