Exit through the gift shop - Celebrity Cruising to Perfect Day at CocoCay

Winemaker_1

I'm looking forward to visiting Coco Cay. I was always jealous that Celebrity didn't do private island days. Looks like there's plenty to do without paying extra. 

I'm not booked for a Coco Cay sailing until March 2025, but I'm tempted to find an earlier one that fits our schedule. 

• Like 3

We enjoyed Coco Cay when it was in a very natural state, no rides.  Just awesome beaches, rustic  outdoor bbq lunch,  and snorkeling ..We had our first snorkel experience there. They had some nice things to explore underwater and good instructors.

They had  series of shops off  from the main area with very aggressive and not very polite shopkeepers.  But after one visit we just stayed away! 

Not sure we would recognize it now!

Labadee  was always a  nice day at the beach, The on the water cabanas with amenities were very nice, and they had some fun things for folks to enjoy..  Coaster, Zipline, hiking, .and nice shopping, clean bathrooms. But we would not see a  need to return after quite a few visits, esp after some security incidents that were publicized (stolen belongings..phones  wallets).

We are looking forward to the possible  "Celebrity Island" if it ever materializes..Hopefully it would be very natural and  relaxing,  with calm beaches, nice restaurants and spa services! That would be a " perfect day!"

• Like 2

I noticed that in the announcement about the new Adults only area and the sliding scale charges.  I'm betting the higher charges will be for Celebrity guests.  

Personally, I'd rather share the wealth at an actual cruise port.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hobbsey said:

I noticed that in the announcement about the new Adults only area and the sliding scale charges.  I'm betting the higher charges will be for Celebrity guests.  

Personally, I'd rather share the wealth at an actual cruise port.  

For years RCCL has had a dynamic pricing model where the price of things are on a sliding scale. A drink package could be $84 pppd and a week later $109 pppd. The hideaway will be on that type of scale. According to a YouTuber ranging from $40 to $80 for general admission.

If you scroll to the bottom of this Cruzely article you'll see the eye-popping price list which apparently will vary according to your voyage.  And they expect to dump 11,000+ guest there daily.  Good luck getting one of the half-dozen $3800 floating cabanas for the day...

https://www.cruzely.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-perfect-day-at-cococay-tips-prices-things-to-do-and-more/

Edited by Winemaker_1
  • Thanks 1