Barcelona Hotels

Gpilon

20 hours ago, bebop bonnie said:

Sounds like a good plan!  I really liked the Majestic…junior suite was excellent and service and location couldn’t be better!

Agreed--especially if you get one of the recently renovated rooms...our bathroom was massive (almost 200sqft) with a stall shower big enough for 3 (not that we tried it, sadly) plus a beautiful stand-alone tub for 2 and a double vanity.  Their included breakfast is phenomenal (I think they charge like $50/pp normally).  And I wholly agree with @bebop bonnie about the rooftop (unless you want to swim in the pool, which is only marginally larger than our bathtub). 270degree views from Sagrada Familia all the way to the Olympic Village, with good food and bar service.

On 10/11/2023 at 6:23 AM, Gpilon said:

It displays in "My Account" then in "Show my Itinerary", although the actual cruise show the Sofia. Perhaps our level of suite dictates the hotel? Regardless, we will take the credit and book the Majestic. 

We would usually book our own hotel, or at the least, provide our own transportation to the ship.  I am concerned about not knowing which port they will be using.  I’ve heard they sometimes have to use Tarragona instead of the port in Barcelona.

20 hours ago, tnr said:

We would usually book our own hotel, or at the least, provide our own transportation to the ship.  I am concerned about not knowing which port they will be using.  I’ve heard they sometimes have to use Tarragona instead of the port in Barcelona.

You should be able to get the port schedule from various sites on line. I always check so I can set up my transport.  In fact I like to check all the ports of the cruise to see how many ships are in port that day.  

Additionally, when you get your boarding pass the port of departure is listed.  Our Boarding Pass was ready 3 weeks before the cruise, plenty of time to re-adjust transport. 

14 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

You should be able to get the port schedule from various sites on line. I always check so I can set up my transport.  In fact I like to check all the ports of the cruise to see how many ships are in port that day.  

Additionally, when you get your boarding pass the port of departure is listed.  Our Boarding Pass was ready 3 weeks before the cruise, plenty of time to re-adjust transport. 

A word of caution that the info on your boarding pass can be wrong. On our Sept. 3 departure from Barcelona, our boarding passes had us at "ADOSADO BERTH, TERMINAL A" which is the long pier. Mariner actually docked at the World Trade Centre right downtown. Not a big deal versus Tarragona, but I only discovered it by checking Marine Traffic on embarkation day. 🍺🥌

On 10/12/2023 at 3:30 AM, Gilly said:

I read this article about Hotel des Artes yesterday just after I'd caught up with posts here!  You may find it interesting too.

Two stays at Hotel des Artes with access to the Club Lounge have been great.  The lounge has views of the sea, great selection of food items throughout the day, etc.  Comfortable, relaxing, and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.  Potential downside for some may be the walking distance to main tourist areas--or that may be a plus for others who prefer a less hectic location.  

• Like 3