Do people still dress up for dinners, photo shots these days?

JerseyBird

I do wonder if driving to port vs. flying to port is a factor for some people. I have the luxury of packing 2 weeks worth of clothes for a 1 week cruise since I drive to port.

Those who fly have to be cognizant as to the weight limit of their luggage so maybe people leave the "extra" dress clothes at home.

Personally, I dress how I feel on a particular day/evening. If I want to wear a tie, I will. If I want to wear shorts and a t-shirt, I will.

Good time, good food, good drinks, etc. is more important to me than what I am wearing and is certainly more important to me than what other people are wearing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

JMHO, but that's a very good thing.  

I totally agree. It used to add another suitcase for evening dresses, shoes, and a tux. All of that stays in storage now. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
57 minutes ago, Two Wheels Only said:

I do wonder if driving to port vs. flying to port is a factor for some people. I have the luxury of packing 2 weeks worth of clothes for a 1 week cruise since I drive to port.

Those who fly have to be cognizant as to the weight limit of their luggage so maybe people leave the "extra" dress clothes at home.

Personally, I dress how I feel on a particular day/evening. If I want to wear a tie, I will. If I want to wear shorts and a t-shirt, I will.

Good time, good food, good drinks, etc. is more important to me than what I am wearing and is certainly more important to me than what other people are wearing.

I've heard some use air travel and baggage allowances as a factor.  Even when we drove to the port, we never took 'dressy clothing'.  We spent years in the military where we had to attend 'dressy' parties.  We've had enough of 'dressy'.  There was a time when we though dressing up was fun. That time is long gone.

Edited by RocketMan275

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

I totally agree. It used to add another suitcase for evening dresses, shoes, and a tux. All of that stays in storage now. 

Storage?  We gave it all to Good Will.

6 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

There is very very little business casual and nearly no dressed up now days. 

Doesn't 'business casual' all depend on what business you are in?   I always found that term to be hilarious and a tad absurd... 🙂