Cabana and Villa Prices HMC

ger_77

We're going to be on Half Moon Cay twice in February and thought we might book either a cabana or if our friends wanted to join us, book a Villa for our visits.  Yikes - when did the prices go up?  Currently the price for a Cabana is 699, the Beach Villa is $999 and to book the Oasis is $1999.  None of these prices include butler service.

I wonder how many of these facilities will remain empty when you consider the length of time people are actually going to be using them?   I guess we'll be enjoying a lounger in the shade on the beach!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

We're going to be on Half Moon Cay twice in February and thought we might book either a cabana or if our friends wanted to join us, book a Villa for our visits.  Yikes - when did the prices go up?  Currently the price for a Cabana is 699, the Beach Villa is $999 and to book the Oasis is $1999.  None of these prices include butler service.

I wonder how many of these facilities will remain empty when you consider the length of time people are actually going to be using them?   I guess we'll be enjoying a lounger in the shade on the beach!

The jumps in pricing appeared once HAL finally got the HMC shore excursions on.  Our cruise is in October and they didn’t come on until August IIRC.

Hate to disappoint you some of us on the roll call decided to book the Oasis.

I am guessing prices have gone up partially due to the HIA and of course for added revenue.

FYI - Oasis is fully serviced unlike the cabanas - lifeguard, chef, etc.  

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, aliaschief said:

We booked the Oasis once by getting enough folks from our roll call to go in together. Off the top of my head I believe the max was twelve of fourteen people. We had a great time at a lot cheaper cost per person.

that’s exactly what we did Bruce - 15 of us.

12 people is for the regular price extras pay a surcharge.  We just averaged it out so that we all paid the same.

done it before a number of roll calls ago and it was a nice time.  Now, we just have to hope we can tender that day 😉 

Hard to say how many cabanas or villas will go empty.  I guess time will tell.

• Like 3

We had an excess amount of cruise credits combined with a gift card and splurged.  We already booked all of our excursions through 3rd parties for the entire cruise.  Otherwise, we certainly would not have considered it.  This will be in February.  We're most grateful to have a dedicated space for shade so we can take advantage of our entire time there.  For now, we're going to pretend it's absolutely worth it since it already feels like a freebie to us.  How often do you celebrate your 25th anniversary?  There's still time to cancel.  😉

Just yesterday, Doug Parker posted that CCL removed the window a/c units from the cabanas because...um...I guess they finally figured out you can't cool an open space in 100° deg weather using a meager window a/c unit.  Brilliant.  The cabanas will now have ceiling fans to help circulate the hot air over us.  With such capital investment, I can see why the prices went up.  🤣  They're just shacks, right?  Sarcasm aside, HMC really is a beautiful place; and we're looking forward to our time there.  We sincerely hope CCL/HAL will make improvements to the cabanas so they'll feel worth the price, because honestly that's not what we're expecting.  It ain't Hideaway Beach at CoCo Cay now is it?   

• Like 1

6 hours ago, POA1 said:

Both the Signature and the Elite Beverage Packages exclude drinks on HMC.

I know.  I was referring to the shore excursion credit that people get of $100 (how many depends on the length of the cruise) towards shore excursions on their cruise which I honk has put prices up on shore excursions in general.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kazu said:

I know.  I was referring to the shore excursion credit that people get of $100 (how many depends on the length of the cruise) towards shore excursions on their cruise which I honk has put prices up on shore excursions in general.  

Got it. I mistakenly associated HIA with drinks. (Sometimes the mind goes to a certain place automatically. 😃)

Wanna have fun? Price the HMC cabanas on CCL's site.

@kazuI think if a bunch of folks got together, the Oasis makes sense, but for just 1 or 2 couples, no way.  Even the cabanas are now out of our budget, but that won't make or break our stay on Half Moon Cay, we'll still enjoy our time there.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ger_77 said:

@kazuI think if a bunch of folks got together, the Oasis makes sense, but for just 1 or 2 couples, no way.  Even the cabanas are now out of our budget, but that won't make or break our stay on Half Moon Cay, we'll still enjoy our time there.

Oh yes, for sure - the only way to do it is with a group.  I can’t fathom a couple or two doing it but then again, I’m not independently wealthy 😉 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The cruise line have priced out the cabana's for most people. I have been to HMC 5 times and have always book the smaller cabana & loved it. I think the last time I booked it was $275 Jan 2020.  I can afford the additional fee, but I refuse to pay it.  It was great while it lasted.  I'll be on the beach in a beach chair like my other fellow cruisers and still enjoy the most beautiful place ever, HMC.

• Like 3

Not only have prices gone up, but apparently they are removing the a/c units in the villas and cabanas.  Saw an article yesterday about Carnival notifying guests that have already reserved villas for after Oct 1 that they can get a discount/refund and they are lowering the price “accordingly”.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, teh3505 said:

The cruise line have priced out the cabana's for most people. I have been to HMC 5 times and have always book the smaller cabana & loved it. I think the last time I booked it was $275 Jan 2020.  I can afford the additional fee, but I refuse to pay it.  It was great while it lasted.  I'll be on the beach in a beach chair like my other fellow cruisers and still enjoy the most beautiful place ever, HMC.

Here's a word for how you feel about the cabana price. You can't thoil it. That's what my Yorkshire cousin says about things that are more expensive than she is willing to pay. It isn't that you literally can't afford it. It's that you can't bring yourself to pay that much. 

And that's definitely how I feel about the cabanas. Another factor that's annoying is that the port calls at HMC have been cut shorter in the last 5 years or so, but the price keeps going up. 

• Like 2

On 9/24/2023 at 9:31 AM, FlyingCruiser2 said:

Not only have prices gone up, but apparently they are removing the a/c units in the villas and cabanas.  Saw an article yesterday about Carnival notifying guests that have already reserved villas for after Oct 1 that they can get a discount/refund and they are lowering the price “accordingly”.

We got an email today about an update to our Villa reservation, telling us the A/C is being removed.  What's interesting is that Carnival has lowered the price by $100 and is offering credit to people who have already booked.  Confirmed by phone this morning that Holland will NOT be doing the same.  Since our cruise is at the end of November - it's not a big deal at all.  Would I book on in July/August now?  Don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, FlyingCruiser2 said:

We got an email today about an update to our Villa reservation, telling us the A/C is being removed.  What's interesting is that Carnival has lowered the price by $100 and is offering credit to people who have already booked.  Confirmed by phone this morning that Holland will NOT be doing the same.  Since our cruise is at the end of November - it's not a big deal at all.  Would I book on in July/August now?  Don't think so.

It's odd that Carnival offered an automatic credit for those who already purchased the 'excursion' - but HAL won't.  Same corporation, same private island.  They're acknowledging you are getting less than described but keeping the the rental exactly the same.  And the retail rate for Carnival cabana rentals was already at a lower price.  I expected the photo place card for the cabana rentals to have changed for new bookings, but we still see a happy couple in front of Cabana #8 making room to feature the window a/c unit behind them. 

Screenshot 2023-09-25 at 12.04.09 (2) copy.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sailawayward said:

It's odd that Carnival offered an automatic credit for those who already purchased the 'excursion' - but HAL won't.  Same corporation, same private island.  They're acknowledging you are getting less than described but keeping the the rental exactly the same.  And the retail rate for Carnival cabana rentals was already at a lower price.  I expected the photo place card for the cabana rentals to have changed for new bookings, but we still see a happy couple in front of Cabana #8 making room to feature the window a/c unit behind them. 

I did get the information about Carnival changing the rate and offering refunds to existing reservations from a poster on another board - I haven't confirmed it is accurate first-hand.