Is Teppanyaki usually booked solid before the sailing?

Cherries Jubilee

I’m on Venezia next month and I would like to book Teppanyaki but I want to see which night I should skip the MDR menu first.Is there usually any availability to book once you get onboard?

I’m not opposed to switching to the steakhouse if they have availability.

I’m also not opposed to doing Bonsai Sushi.

1 hour ago, TreyB said:

It’s almost impossible to get a spot once onboard. We rarely eat in the MDR, we do Cucina del Capitano, JiJi’s, the steakhouse, and Guy’s Pig and Anchor Alehouse for dinners. If we do eat in the MDR we pay extra for the steak upgrade. 

Thank you! It’s hard for me to guess which night the MDR might not have anything I want. I guess I’m going to have to wait and see.

22 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I’m on Venezia next month and I would like to book Teppanyaki but I want to see which night I should skip the MDR menu first.Is there usually any availability to book once you get onboard?

I’m not opposed to switching to the steakhouse if they have availability.

I’m also not opposed to doing Bonsai Sushi.

We were on the Panorama a few months ago.  Could not book the Teppanyaki before boarding, but were able to get a reservation after boarding.  We had to go to the earliest seating though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

We were on the Panorama a few months ago.  Could not book the Teppanyaki before boarding, but were able to get a reservation after boarding.  We had to go to the earliest seating though.

Thank you! I have little hope but I’m happy it works out sometimes. We usually eat late but we’re pretty flexible.

13 hours ago, Calnev1 said:

We booked in advance for both weeks we're on now. Also available for lunch. Dinner times were very limited once onboard to book an additional meal. Yes, we enjoyed it so much we wanted to go again.😉

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Haljo1935 said:

We booked in advance for both weeks we're on now. Also available for lunch. Dinner times were very limited once onboard to book an additional meal. Yes, we enjoyed it so much we wanted to go again.😉

The Teppanyaki is our favorite specialty restaurant.  Its not so much the food (which is of course good), but the cheesy entertainment provided by the chefs from "South Philly."  I was telling my wife how I missed the pyrotechnics that the land-based Japanese steakhouses employed . . . and then to my surprise the South Philly chef on the Panorama proceeded to create a pillar of fire on his cooking surface.  (For those of  you who don't know, some Carnival ships now have "sealed" Teppanyaki restaurants that allow them to employ open flames . . . and that was not always the case aboard ship).  

Edited by Calnev1
  • Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 8:42 PM, Cherries Jubilee said:

Thank you! It’s hard for me to guess which night the MDR might not have anything I want. I guess I’m going to have to wait and see.

The menus for each night are available online. Google “carnival new menu” and you’ll find them. I don’t have the link handy at the moment. 

26 minutes ago, Jenninhawaii said:

The menus for each night are available online. Google “carnival new menu” and you’ll find them. I don’t have the link handy at the moment. 

I’ll be on a 12 day so I won’t know which night is which until I’m onboard.

I appreciate all the suggestions! I will see if my family is willing to go for lunch instead of dinner.

• Like 1

On 9/24/2023 at 12:22 AM, Drew B 58 said:

You could always book on a given night and if the MDR menu turns out to be more appealing that night, cancel your reservation…

One thing to note that it’s not a problem to cancel but must be at least 24 hours before or you will be charged $25 per person for the cancellation.  I would prebook Teppanyaki for a couple of meals, as soon as you get on the ships you can see the menus for rest of cruise then keep the one you like and cancel the other. We tried to cancel late in the evening on Mardi Gras after eating at Jiji’s Kitchen. Loved the food there too and there were more items to try and we had already done Teppanyaki once on the cruise. The menu at Teppanyaki is the same every time we’ve gone.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, tree.critter said:

One thing to note that it’s not a problem to cancel but must be at least 24 hours before or you will be charged $25 per person for the cancellation... The menu at Teppanyaki is the same every time we’ve gone.

Correct on cancelation charge, but you can reschedule w/o charge.

Yes, the menu is the same every meal. And fabulous every time!