Aruba to Barbados Itinerary…need help

jumelle

Have chosen this cruise for March 2024. I’m trying to get some info on excursions. Does anyone know where the beach picnic is? Mayreau? Has anyone been to Soufrière in St Lucia? Has anyone done this itinerary and have any recommendations? Thanks!

We have done Barbados to Aruba back in 2020, right before COVID shut everything down. In fact, we are on the January 2024 Barbados to Aruba to Balboa/Panama.

When we did this in 2020, the beach picnic was on Mayreau which we thought was a lovely location. There was a short walk to the beach.

We didn't have any plans but ended up with a small walking tour of a museum. I'm not sure if it was through WS or we just found the museum as we wandered and hopped on it. Afterwards, we wandered through the city and enjoyed the murals, the food, the drink and did our own lunch and sightseeing. It's a cute place and we enjoyed our day. We do like to do the wander bit, met the locals and enjoy their hospitality so it was right up our alley.

• 1 month later...

We did this cruise a few years ago and for Curacao we actually rented a car and drove to one of the beaches up the coast. We had a lovely day there (and I recall it still left us enough time to walk around the town and the fort). 

Edited by Doh15
Mistake on itin

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/24/2023 at 12:58 PM, Ski Mom 2 said:

When we did this in 2020, the beach picnic was on Mayreau which we thought was a lovely location. There was a short walk to the beach.

Did you anchor in Saline Bay?  Did you talk to anyone who snorkeled there, and if so, what did they say?  Did you talk to anyone who did an excursion that day, to a place called Mopian?

We were there twice on a Star Collector. The first time we did the beach picnic only and the second time we spent at a restaurant/bar we had found. 

I believe there was one tour in the morning that some folks did. I’m not a big snorkeler   so I can’t answer those questions. 

1 hour ago, Ski Mom 2 said:

We were there twice on a Star Collector. The first time we did the beach picnic only and the second time we spent at a restaurant/bar we had found. 

I believe there was one tour in the morning that some folks did. I’m not a big snorkeler   so I can’t answer those questions. 

OK.  I'll start a new thread.