Drinks and Wi-Fi included

cruisecrazy928

7 minutes ago, cruisecrazy928 said:

No big drinkers in our party (maybe 1 cocktail per day), but would want Wi-Fi. Is it worth it to book at lower price that does not include either? How expensive is it to purchase Wi-Fi separately?

Here is what is currently showing for our upcoming cruise on MSC Divina in February, 2024

image.thumb.png.19d85576bd003f163157cda8844949b3.png

16 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Here is what is currently showing for our upcoming cruise on MSC Divina in February, 2024

image.thumb.png.19d85576bd003f163157cda8844949b3.png

Crazy prices for wifi for the Caribbean sailings.  The ‘Browse, one device’ package for our 7 night Seascape sailing in the Caribbean next May is being quoted at €105.21 (€ is practically on par with USD).  For our 7 night Musica cruise in 2 weeks (Southern Med) it’s €61.53.  That’s some difference in price!!

• Like 1

And you need to understand that when it says one device, that’s what t means.  The device you log in on first is the only device that can be used for that plan.  If another member of the party also wants to use a device, they need a separate plan, or you buy the two device plan.  EM

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

And you need to understand that when it says one device, that’s what t means.  The device you log in on first is the only device that can be used for that plan.  If another member of the party also wants to use a device, they need a separate plan, or you buy the two device plan.  EM

Thank you. 

I keep reading this is the case and plan to play around with it and see if I can defeat it when we sail in February.  I have a couple of tricks in mind that may get around this restriction.  Just a little something to do on the port days when we don't feel like going ashore for more than an hour or so. 

Edited by DaKahuna

You can ignore the per person plans and focus on the number of devices you will be using.  For example DH and I would be using a total of three devices.  So we would book a one person three device plan.  Search WiFi and you will see what others have tried to get around the per device issue like setting up hotspots etc.

We understand that we will get WiFi for two devices each included with our booking.  One of my devices will be my iPhone and the other will be my travel router.  My wife will use one of her's for her iPad.  That leaves me one to play around with. 

Do the 2 devices each come with the YC or something else? Looking to book our first MSC cruise and trying to learn what’s what. I’m very surprised with the purchase of the best value the wi-fi is only for 1 device each. On Royal it’s however many devices you want. You just have to sign in and out on the devices. 

1 hour ago, ReneeFLL said:

Do the 2 devices each come with the YC or something else? Looking to book our first MSC cruise and trying to learn what’s what. I’m very surprised with the purchase of the best value the wi-fi is only for 1 device each. On Royal it’s however many devices you want. You just have to sign in and out on the devices. 

With the Yacht Club booking you get WiFi for two devices per person.  It’s the Browse only.

Yes, the WiFi is tied to a specific device and cannot be used with a different device unlike most other cruise lines.