Celebrity Move Up Question

DeanD

While I'm sure the question has been asked many times, I couldn't find a thread that gave me enough information.  We're currently booked in an E2 Cabin on the Beyond leaving in a few months.  Midship on deck 8 opposite the magic carpet suites.  For the MoveUP, I don't believe any of the suites are of sufficient value to justify even the lowest bid.  What I was considering was bidding the minimum on Concierge and/or Aquaclass.  I realize the chance of being successful is relatively low and I also know that the cabin location or view might be inferior.  The Spa access is not something we're particularly interested in but the rest of the amenities and options associated with each do add some value for us though not enough to go above the minimum.  I'm looking for thoughts about this situation.  Is it worth the location & view risk for the modest other options?

Its just a numbers game.  Depends on how you value it. If you find value in moving to the Aqua class and eating in Blu then do it.  I personally use the Thermal spa/persian gardens daily and if not in aquaspa room usually buy the cruise pass for it so yes it is worth it if the numbers work out.  I always enjoyed Blu especially since it's also breakfast.  Edge Class does change the dynamics a bit as now there are 4 main dining rooms so not just one large one.  I also book many times on specific rooms, if your happy with location and views no reason to bid and use the money saved from paying for the upgrade and maybe do a cpl specialty dining options.  

Thanks, leaning toward passing on it.  Blu would be the main reason for Aquaclass and at $250 PP X 2 I'm not seeing it worth the extra but wanted to get others thoughts as I realize you don't know what you don't know.  This is our fist time on Celebrity but Elite due to status matching.  

On 9/28/2023 at 3:37 PM, DeanD said:

Thanks, leaning toward passing on it.  Blu would be the main reason for Aquaclass and at $250 PP X 2 I'm not seeing it worth the extra but wanted to get others thoughts as I realize you don't know what you don't know.  This is our fist time on Celebrity but Elite due to status matching.  

Just be mindful that access to the Persian Gardens and dining in Blu are about the only differences.  You do not get any drink packages or the extra points for the Aqua Class room.