Princess Plus Questions

The Admiral

6 hours ago, cclvr said:

Where on the Ship is the "Juice Bar" or where are the juices available throughout the day/night...also what types of juice are available with the package?

On the Enchanted it was in the Pastry shop on deck 16. I believe it was only open in the mornings, but that may have changed since last March.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, SSAtlantic said:

How does Princess handle someone who purchases the Princess Plus fare, but cannot have alcohol? On Celebrity, he can downgrade his package to zero proof precruise. He is in recovery so…..

They just profit all the more from those people who can't drink at all or even that much. I'm sure there are lots of folks who would like to only purchase the package for one person in the cabin, but can't.

I don't personally drink that much and my husband shouldn't drink at all because of his meds. 

At least Celebrity offers an alternative. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SSAtlantic said:

How does Princess handle someone who purchases the Princess Plus fare, but cannot have alcohol? On Celebrity, he can downgrade his package to zero proof precruise. He is in recovery so…..

Princess does not offer a bundled package that you might call "Minus" (like Plus but with Zero Alcohol beverage pkg and not the Plus beverage pkg).  You just go with the Plus Cruise Fare bundle and order non-alcohol drinks, including mocktails.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/5/2023 at 4:23 PM, PH2 said:

New to Princess - we just booked a January 2025 12-night cruise - and I'm trying to understand the value of the plus package. Plus was about $720 a person more than cruise only for our booking. I decided against it for the time being as I gather more info about the value.

We booked a balcony, so gratuities (at least at today's price) would be $32 for 12 nights ($384). WiFi for two 1-device packages is $30 (so $360 for the cruise). I'm assuming 1 device each means we can use it on multiple devices, just 1 device at a time?

So for the most important stuff (for us), that's $744. That leaves just under $700 for drinks and the other stuff (won't use the fitness class, don't drink juice, I already eat too many desserts on cruises, we decide on extra food purchases as we go - not sure we'd use the casual dining meals, don't need room service). I don't assign much value to that stuff since we don't need it. For easy math, I'll say that stuff is worth $100 just as a buffer for the almost certain price increases on WiFi and gratuities between now and then. So that leaves $600 for drinks, about $50 a day or about three $15 drinks a day.

So for this to make sense for us, we'd need to have at least 4-5 drinks between us a day. Does that sound about right? Am I missing anything (other than, I'm sure, not caring as much about drinking as many other people)?

Do what works best for you.  We like the convenience and we also drink coffees at the International Cafe a few times a day and we also appreciate sodas and bottled waters are part of the package.  Drinks are expensive and with tax on top of the price it adds up quick.  Prepaying for a package allows us to board and not worry about spending or a surprise bill at the end of our cruise.  Happy Sailing!  

• Like 3