Symphony on song

Noggins

On 10/10/2023 at 3:05 PM, Whipsnade said:

No cookies on Silversea!!??  Quel domage!! But not  true. Arts Cafe has coffee, cookies, brownies, pastries etc. Also some soups and sandwiches. Available all day and evening. They also deliver. 
We spent 70 days on Moon this past winter. My wife is walking challenged. Staff could not have been more helpful both at gangway and boarding tenders. Literally carried her down a couple times. 
Service in Atlantide and Terrazza couldn’t have been better. Of course a kind word usually helps. 

There is no Arts Cafe on Whisper. Hence our butlers comment

9 hours ago, BWIVince said:

I didn’t mean the post to do anything like that…. 😞 But I’ve always thought it might be interesting sometime to have a thread about all of the unintended consequences of improvements at Crystal, including some of the “it seemed like a great idea at the time” design reversals that backtracked in the third (Serenity) iteration.  

Vince

Vince - it's fine! I think most of us around here find the extra level of detail, background and historical context fascinating and it does make you view things a little differently. I will forever appreciate now the differences between Starlite and Stardust. (hands up who never realised they had different names!)

Vince, if you could only get on the lecture circuit you would fill the room with people interested to hear the historical evolution, intentions, mishaps, successes along the way! Imagine if everyone brought along their memorobilia for a 'show and tell' table!!

Adrian

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Noggins said:

Vince - it's fine! I think most of us around here find the extra level of detail, background and historical context fascinating and it does make you view things a little differently. I will forever appreciate now the differences between Starlite and Stardust. (hands up who never realised they had different names!)

It's also interesting how many people here that you'd expect to know better call it Starlight.

Patty

On 10/12/2023 at 6:04 AM, Texas Tillie said:

It's also interesting how many people here that you'd expect to know better call it Starlight.

Patty

How about the name of the third cabaret lounge (Harmony's)?  😁  Spoiler -- the lounge was named after the address of Crystal's first HQ (Fox Plaza)...  The corridor the lounge was similarly named after the same street the office was on, so the lounge name was fitting.

Vince

6 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

How about the name of the third cabaret lounge (Harmony's)?  😁  Spoiler -- the lounge was named after the address of Crystal's first HQ (Fox Plaza)...  The corridor the lounge was similarly named after the same street the office was on, so the lounge name was fitting.

Vince

Enjoy reading all the historical information. I go back to "just" 2007, so the Harmony was gone and the wall had already been removed for the Starlite.

Patty

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, BWIVince said:

Vince

Do you mean the Century Lounge?

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TravellingW said:

It would be great to see deck plan from public areas from all 3 ships laid out to compare! Anyone?

The original plans from when each ship was launched, or the current plans from each (or Harmony’s last season with Crystal in her case)?

Vince