Beware Online Shorex Bookings!

canderson

The SS site has a nasty little IT trick that can hurt.  I'm sure they meant well by making it impossible to book overlapping events, but ...

Book an excursion.

Go back later and attempt to book the same excursion, but at a slightly later time, and that shows as Available, NOT Waitlisted.

Web site says cannot book the excursion at the later time because of conflict (overlap) between times for the two.

Must therefore cancel first booking in order to make later booking.

Immediately (and I mean within seconds) attempt to book the excursion at the later time.

Web site now informs that the second booking is in fact NOT Available, but is Waitlisted.

Now have no confirmed reservations for either time for that tour, and both are now shown as waitlisted.

Annoyed.  If the later schedule had shown as Waitlisted, I would have never touched my original reservation.

Based upon what I've read, I assume, unlike other RCL lines, that SS allows no communication with the Shorex desk for customers using TAs for reservations?

Edited by canderson

They may not allow communication but I do it all the time. I send an email. Sometimes I cc my TA. She is a friend of mine and would gladly do everything but sometimes a middle person is unnecessary and just makes things take twice as long. 

11 minutes ago, JSR said:

They may not allow communication but I do it all the time. I send an email.

What i meant was phone.  I have the X shorex and shoreside concierge numbers available.  But email for SS shorex sounds hopeful.  Any address in particular?

As we missed today's excursion in Yokohama I wanted to rebook it when we call again in April next year. Fortunately mine turned out well. The excursion we were booked on has disappeared whilst the one I wanted had a banner -recently added. So win win.

But i do wonder when they would have told us about our previously booked excursion that was no more.

And @canderson we are having dinner with the Shore Concierge manager tonight and i will bring up my experience and yours.

7 hours ago, drron29 said:

And @canderson we are having dinner with the Shore Concierge manager tonight and i will bring up my experience and yours.

Appreciate it.  If one can't trust the "Available" banner for 10 sec, the system should allow for the double booking for a minute or two to provide time to book one and then subsequently cancel the other.

Well we hhad dinner with the Manager WHO Is Ukrainian and her Portugese deputy. A very enjoyable dinner but unfortunately probably not going to solve the problem. She was honest and said staff on the ships have very little power to make changes now and things are dictated from head office not only on excursions but as has been reported before on menus and wines. She did agree with you @canderson and will forward the complaint on to Head office so we will see.