Connecting rooms

mom23guys

How noisy are connecting rooms on the Allure? We have never sailed on Royal, most of our cruises have been on Celebrity. We are planning a short cruise on the Allure after a trip to Orlando. There aren't many non connecting rooms left so our TA picked a room for us which is connecting. I know Celebrity"s connecting rooms on newer ships connect through an extra door through the main hallway so there is no extra noise which would be the case with an actual door in the cabin.

Help please.

In my experience, all other things being equal, a connecting cabin will be noisier than a non-connecting cabin.  You might get quiet neighbors and not hear anything, but you might also get noisy neighbors and hear a lot, more so than with a non-connecting cabin.  I would avoid it if possible.

Edited by time4u2go
  • Like 2

Unlike the newer Celebrity ships, your connecting door will be inside the cabin.  As I recall, on Allure the connecting doors are close to the bathroom/entry.  That means there’s impact on the size of your cabin’s furniture, and probably less noise transmission than if the door were across from your bed.

I’ve been assigned connecting cabins multiple times from gty bookings without any major issues so far.  Often times your neighbor is hoping you will be considerate as much as you hoping they will be.  In any case, your TA has chosen the best option currently available.  You can do mock bookings to see if a better cabin in your category comes available and if so call your TA to ask for a free swap.

Allure walls are much better insulated than older ships. On radiance just a regular cabin every time she coughed next door it woke me up.

On allure I was the one coughing and they didnt hear me they said, though not connecting. But I was pleased with the sound proofing on allure. I got off a week ago last sunday. 

On the other hand I think someone I talked to in the diamond lounge had a connecting and they were livid. There was a screaming 3 year old next door. They said they expected royal to go thru the ages and put kids next to kids, not next to a all adult cabin. They were never going to sail royal again, it was royals fault. .. I mean they were livid .. and it was a connecting cabin. Didnt see them again or recognize them. ..dont know if the 3 year old screaming got better after the first day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Starry Eyes said:

As I recall, on Allure the connecting doors are close to the bathroom/entry.  That means there’s NO impact on the size of your cabin’s furniture, and probably less noise transmission than if the door were across from your bed.

I am guessing that you forgot to add "no"  prior to impact

45 minutes ago, mom23guys said:

There are a few non connecting on Deck 6 but I usually avoid that deck because there aren't cabins below us.  Ill check cruise deck plans to see what's there.

Do look at those deck plans.  I find deck 6 very convenient on Oasis class ships. It is one of my favorite decks.

• Like 1