Wheelchair Rental for Length of Cruise

I have a family member traveling with us who needs a wheelchair for usage during the entire duration of the cruise both on the ship and off the ship at the ports.  Is there a rental that can be used for both on the ship and off the ship?  We would rather not have to drag a wheelchair with us if we dont have to.  Please advise if you are allowed to take any wheelchair rentals off at the ports of call.

Check with Scootaround or Special Needs at Sea for rentals. The work with Royal all the time to rent a variety of mobility rentals. Depending on the port, they may leave it in your cabin as you arrive or you may be able to pick it up at the port entrance,  Port Canaveral and Tampa.  If it's Bayonne, it will be in your cabin.  You can do whatever you want with your rental wheel chair off and on the ship.  If it's Bayonne you can get the ship's wheel chair assistance to board the ship but your wheelchair won't be available to you until your cabin is ready so ask to keep the ships wheelchair until you get to your cabin and then give it back to them.

• Like 1

I emailed special_needs@rccl.com to inquire about wheelchair rentals and they sent me this back:

If you require the use of a wheelchair or scooter during the cruise, you can bring your mobility device, or rent one from a provider who will deliver directly to your stateroom.

Listed below are two preferred providers you may contact:

Scootaround (formerly Care Vacations): 1-888-441-7575 or 1-204-982-0657
Special Needs at Sea: 1-800-513-4515

Wheelchairs and scooters must be stored in your stateroom so fire doors, corridors and elevators are kept clear for emergency evacuation.

I hope it helps!
  • Like 1

Agree, I used Scootaround this summer on an Alaska cruise, they were very good to work with! I rented a scooter, and it was waiting for me outside at the cruise terminal before we boarded; then, at the end of the cruise we dropped it back off outside in their tent. Very easy!