*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy 5-Night Bermuda October 11-16, 2023

BirdTravels

@BirdTravels

thanks for a great and detailed trip report 🦩

we enjoy the wine tastings so found those posts interesting. 

then I got curious about the wine price points and markups, so I doctored a couple of your photos with average retail bottle price (using prices reported by Avery popular wine app with millions of users) (okay I was feeling lazy and it made a nice rabbit hole to avoid housekeeping 🤪

voila —

0BC47751-E20F-4821-B8D2-D32126A1AE5E.jpeg

977A0991-74BA-4EB1-8712-FFD0870A3C65.jpeg

ps Funny note — several of the wines must have improved with age as they moved from the Premium to the Premium Plus list … here’s looking at you, Santa Margherita PG!

Edited by ColdCruise
Added ps
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all the reporting as I can look back at it now after being on this one. It was still a great cruise for us as we just go with the flow of things. Still occasionally feel the rocking seas a couple days later at home!

Since we had a evening flight out, we put bags at a storage place a few blocks from MOMA for $6 and went to the museum. Then we wound up doing the subway and airtrain to JFK. About $14 and less than a hour. Beat paying over a $1xx or sitting in rush hour traffic.

• Like 1

@BirdTravels

Thank you for your great review and your fantastic pictures.  We too were on this sailing and even though we missed the first day in Bermuda the captain kept us in the sunshine.  We were also on the Prima sailing with you last year - one day hopeful to meet you - since our paths have crossed (based on seeing your posts on CC) I felt badly for those who were having their first time in Bermuda but this was an unusually tough year with Tropical Storms for Bermuda and the chance you take at the end of hurricane season.  We had a wonderful time regardless.  (4th time for us on the Joy looking forward to sailing her after her refurbish)

• Like 1

I just discovered this thread.  Thank you for your comprehensive review in bring us Norwegian Joy.  This thread is the primer for anyone sailing on board her.  The Good Mrs. Benson and I sailed on board Joy, in the Haven, last year, and I saw many familiar scenes in the photos you posted here.

Even so, I found a great deal of information here that we passed up or missed during our cruise.  I am going to flag this thread for our cruise on Joy next year (same suite as last time, per the GMB's direction).  Thank you again for being so thorough and so generous with your effort.

• Like 2

On 10/12/2023 at 1:23 PM, BirdTravels said:

Maltings Whisky Bar is a large lunge on the Joy. 

IMG_1562.jpeg

IMG_1560.jpeg

IMG_1561.jpeg

IMG_1604.jpeg

IMG_1605.jpeg

IMG_1606.jpeg

IMG_1607.jpeg

IMG_1608.jpeg

@BirdTravels - was this the actual menu from the Maltings Whiskey Bar on the Joy a couple weeks ago? Just wanted to confirm since it is missing a lot of the PP+ Whiskeys they list on the most recent NCL flyer. It looks a lot like what I saw in January 😞  Really disappointing if they don't have most of the "top shelf" whiskeys and I definitely won't prepurchase PP+ then. 

39 minutes ago, DeSaxMan13 said:

@BirdTravels - was this the actual menu from the Maltings Whiskey Bar on the Joy a couple weeks ago? Just wanted to confirm since it is missing a lot of the PP+ Whiskeys they list on the most recent NCL flyer. It looks a lot like what I saw in January 😞  Really disappointing if they don't have most of the "top shelf" whiskeys and I definitely won't prepurchase PP+ then. 

It was the onboard app menu for Maltings two weeks ago.  

They often offer more than on the menu.