*LIVE* from the Norwegian Joy 5-Night Bermuda October 11-16, 2023

BirdTravels

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Diner food is the specialty at the American Diner 

IMG_1930.thumb.jpeg.27ac127d59f5aec6b2109906e03efe93.jpegIMG_1931.thumb.jpeg.62353c9e581a4181ca04cf62c12d849e.jpegIMG_1933.thumb.jpeg.30b50c6c924254b90747d221bfe9a487.jpeg

IMG_1913.jpeg

IMG_1934.jpeg

We went there for breakfast one morning on our trip. Hubby did not want to go there at first because it was very warm out there, but we both ended up enjoying it a lot because it was buffet style without the chaos of the Garden Cafe. Never had any other food there, but it would be good to go to if I was craving mozzarella sticks or wanted a lobster and shrimp slider. Could I use a Latitude's meal voucher there?

9 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

We went there for breakfast one morning on our trip. Hubby did not want to go there at first because it was very warm out there, but we both ended up enjoying it a lot because it was buffet style without the chaos of the Garden Cafe. Never had any other food there, but it would be good to go to if I was craving mozzarella sticks or wanted a lobster and shrimp slider. Could I use a Latitude's meal voucher there?

We were on the Joy in April, and we had lunch there on Embarkation day mainly because it was free for Haven Guests. I will say the food was good but the Milkshakes were fantastic ( Not included with free lunch) We are going on the escape in January and we will most likely eat there again embarkation day so we don't have to fight the rush at the Haven or buffet or dining rooms. 

2 hours ago, laudergayle said:

The NCL talent call this past year has been looking for versatile singers, dancers, acrobats.  I highly suspect we will have entertainment onboard but it will be in-house productions that don’t have licensing costs.  And not just new game shows.  At least that’s my hope.

I hope you are right.  I'd have more confidence you are right if NCL would communicate more on the matter.  

This past summer I was on Oasis of the Seas for a week.  That was a real wake-up call regarding just how far the NCL entertainment has slipped in recent years.  

7 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

The process of installing a new show is measured in months. Props and scenery from the old show needs to be disassembled and removed to make space for the new show. When The Bird was on the Encore a few weeks ago, the production team was still making plans to remove the last bits of Kinky Boots which has been off the ship for a year. Then the new set is onboarded in tiny pieces and assembled. The very first time Choir of Man was preformed on NCL, it was on the Escape on the tiny Supper Club stage and The Bird watched as a team of carpenters built the bar from small pieces [some or a lot of assembly required]. 

Total speculation is that they terminate Footloose now, giving them a couple of months to disassemble and prep, then do the swap during the dry dock in January.  That’s what they used to do. 

I am on the Escape mid November in Bermuda. WOF is a virtual event shown on that ship. You play along on your phone. It does not appear they are doing this on all ships but things change often.