Went GTY. Room has already been assigned 10 weeks out as a 3V. Can I get my TA to change to a different, vacant 3V room?

On 10/11/2023 at 10:18 AM, JohnnyThinwallet said:

Went GTY Interior.  When I pulled up the RC app, I saw the Room has already been assigned 10 weeks out as a 3V. In fact, the room number is on my final invoice and has no reference to a GTY.  

My only issue with it is that it has an adjoining room door.  But, there’s a vacant room 3 doors down in the same 3V category.  Can I get my TA to change to a different, vacant 3V room?

Do you mean you want to pick your cabin after benefiting by allowing Royal to pick it?

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Do you mean you want to pick your cabin after benefiting by allowing Royal to pick it?

Yes, because it's allowed (if booking from the US at least), so why shouldn't he?

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Yes, because it's allowed (if booking from the US at least), so why shouldn't he?

So correct me if I am wrong. You want the benefits of the guarantee pricing, but not the rules that go with it? You basically want to take a Marie Antoinette on this one - have your cake and eat it too.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RD64 said:

So correct me if I am wrong. You want the benefits of the guarantee pricing, but not the rules that go with it? You basically want to take a Marie Antoinette on this one - have your cake and eat it too.

It has nothing to do with what I want. Those are RC's rules. If they tell me I can change my GTY cabin after it is assigned, are you suggesting I should not because you think their rules make no sense?

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

It has nothing to do with what I want. Those are RC's rules. If they tell me I can change my GTY cabin after it is assigned, are you suggesting I should not because you think their rules make no sense?

And if there is nothing that you deem to be “better” in your assigned category, what are your options?

Eventually Royal will just tighten up their guarantee rules so as to not have to deal with the people that don’t like their guarantees.

Edited by RD64
Additional
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, RD64 said:

And if there is nothing that you deem to be “better” in your assigned category, what are your options?

To keep my cabin, pay for an upgrade, and/or try to RoyalUp.

7 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Eventually Royal will just tighten up their guarantee rules so as to not have to deal with the people that don’t like their guarantees.

It's been this way for a very very long time but you're obviously entitled to your opinion. FWIW, if you use a TA, Royal doesn't even lift a finger. Your TA can switch you without even contacting Royal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, RD64 said:

But those are the rules. It's allowed. And like others have mentioned if you book through a TA. They can go in and do it in a few seconds without even calling. If Royal didn't want people to switch they wouldn't allow agents to do it themselves online. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Allowed gaming the system is still gaming the system. If you book a guarantee, keep it. Don't make someone who books later and pays full price take that connecting cabin

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Allowed gaming the system is still gaming the system. If you book a guarantee, keep it. Don't make someone who books later and pays full price take that connecting cabin

You don’t know what that later booking will pay or what they will want.  They may also book gty.  They may pay even less.  Or maybe they are paying a higher rate and really want connecting cabins, in which case it will be better if the op has moved.  

Royal put all 3V cabins in the same category because Royal judged the equivalent.  Thus it is just personal preference.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

You don’t know what that later booking will pay or what they will want.  They may also book gty.  They may pay even less.  Or maybe they are paying a higher rate and really want connecting cabins, in which case it will be better if the op has moved.  

Royal put all 3V cabins in the same category because Royal judged the equivalent.  Thus it is just personal preference.

Copy and paste. Every time.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, fredmdcruisers said:

It is Royal’s system and their system dictates when buying a guarantee it is for a category of stateroom. The system allows you to change specific rooms in that category. No gaming involved.

Not sure what you don’t understand or why you have a problem with the system Royal has decided they want to use.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Copy and paste. Every time.

LOL, you are the predictable one.  It is also predictable that you would not be able to defend your previous post when the flaws were challenged.  

Edited by Starry Eyes
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks everyone!  It took maybe 5 minutes to make the change.  I went on RCCL to find the open cabins in my category, emailed my TA, and she made the change a few minutes later.  Super easy process.  I’ve got another GTY cabin booked in early 2024, so hopefully I’m equally as lucky!

• Like 7