NCL Customer Experience on Israel issue.

Golfgalag

26 minutes ago, sjane39 said:

I just check the port schedule and it shows the Norwegian Dawn is there on the 20th, not the Epic. 

BOTH the Epic and Dawn are in Piraeus on 20th .... Dawn as a Transit stop and Epic as the new Disembark/Embark.

The cruisetimetable one has not been updated to include the very recent inclusions. 

• Like 1

@sjane39 go to the actual port authority website and click on cruise arrivals.   Then open the document for 2023 (which is updated daily) and you’ll see the Epic.  It’s been on the port authority’s page since last week so there seems to be hope! 

648C3E9F-88E4-4C99-8FCF-C7CA0BC44711.png

Edited by Valposada73

2 minutes ago, Valposada73 said:

@sjane39 go to the actual port authority website and click on cruise arrivals.   Then open the document for 2023 (which is updated daily) and you’ll see the Epic.  It’s been on the port authority’s page since last week so there seems to be hope! 

It's been posted in previous posts a number of times!

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, allegrocontadino said:

Thanks.  I do see that and they are also back there on the 27th.  Just what I wouldn’t want, twice in Athens and I have been there already.  Honestly I was hoping they would cancel the whole cruise.  Does anyone know the rest of the itinerary?  

If Piraeus is indeed the departure port on the 20th, then think there may be a lot of passengers who will be flying in just in time to board in Piraeus and won't have any time for sight seeing prior to embarkation. Not to mention all the excursions already purchased for the full day in Athens. That would also be one less day to try to substitute yet another port by maintaining the 27th as scheduled.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Go2SeaTheWorld said:

If Piraeus is indeed the departure port on the 20th, then think there may be a lot of passengers who will be flying in just in time to board in Piraeus and won't have any time for sight seeing prior to embarkation. Not to mention all the excursions already purchased for the full day in Athens. That would also be one less day to try to substitute yet another port by maintaining the 27th as scheduled.

I agree that, if this is going ahead, it is quite a clever choice (and Athens is also very well connected in therms of flights even for a last min change)

On 10/14/2023 at 9:29 PM, RD64 said:

Nobody really knows at this point

1) You don't know either.

2) NCL won't cancel if they don't have to. A minimum level of revenue is better than no revenue.

2) NCL has book a berth at Athens for the Epic on 11/20, so that is a pretty BIG clue. Not that I would know anything.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Isn't that like saying "I'll never do a b2b because we'd be in Miami twice"?

But this isn’t a b2b, so I really don’t want to be in that port twice on one cruise.  I can’t imagine 4,000 passengers, not being upset,  having to redo their flight to Athens.  That’s just how I, and my traveling companions, feel.   We are not happy campers - well, cruisers.  

8 minutes ago, sjane39 said:
28 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

so I really don’t want to be in that port twice on one cruise ... We are not happy campers

I'm picturing a whole bunch of sleep deprived NCL employees throwing up their hands and rolling their eyes at that statement.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I have a different perspective.   I see it as we are all super lucky that we weren’t in Israel when this happened.  We easily could have been.    Yeah, we have to pivot plans. Perhaps see places we have been before.   But I’ve traveled all over the world and what I know about traveling is that we have to be flexible and have an adventurous mindset.   Ok so we are in the same port more than once… I’m sure we can find new things to do.  It’s a huge city… or skip the sights and have a delicious meal by the water?  Or take that mid cruise extra Athens day as a spa day?  It’s about mindframe.  We could easily have been stuck on a tour in Jerusalem when the rockets hit and figuring out how to evacuate.     I am looking forward to the trip and vacation no matter where we end up.   As long as I have good food, beautiful views and can meet new people, we are blessed.   Not preachy, just perspective?   

Edited by Valposada73
  • Like 17
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, sjane39 said:
1 hour ago, IAcruising said:

Isn't that like saying "I'll never do a b2b because we'd be in Miami twice"?

But this isn’t a b2b, so I really don’t want to be in that port twice on one cruise.  I can’t imagine 4,000 passengers, not being upset,  having to redo their flight to Athens.  That’s just how I, and my traveling companions, feel.   We are not happy campers - well, cruisers.  

Just curious, not being snarky, but what large cruise port alternative to Haifa could there be available that would be a better alternative to fly into and embark from that wouldn't be repeating one of the ports of call on the Epic's itinerary for 11/20-12/1?  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have no idea. But since we were going to be getting on in Haifa and the next day, be in Jerusalem, that might mean we’re going to be in Athens for three days. I just think they should’ve given us the option to cancel for a refund. That’s my opinion. Nobody has to feel the same way.

21 minutes ago, sjane39 said:

I have no idea. But since we were going to be getting on in Haifa and the next day, be in Jerusalem, that might mean we’re going to be in Athens for three days. I just think they should’ve given us the option to cancel for a refund. That’s my opinion. Nobody has to feel the same way.

Why should they give you the option when the cruise contract that you agreed to says differently?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, sjane39 said:

I just think they should’ve given us the option to cancel for a refund. That’s my opinion. Nobody has to feel the same way.

Not to keep piling on, but as you can see, few do. And what business sense would it make for NCL to cancel a cruise if they can find an alternative? That would be ludicrous.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

Not to keep piling on, but as you can see, few do. And what business sense would it make for NCL to cancel a cruise if they can find an alternative? That would be ludicrous.

Other cruise lines have cancelled cruises.  And pretty much everyone I have spoken to, including the travel agents, are surprised it wasn’t cancelled since Israel was the embarkation and so many people have to make new airline reservations.  And to wait this long - my travel agent called Norwegian today and they didn’t even give her the information about Athens embarkation.  I will just await the information regarding the rest of the itinerary from NCL.  

2 hours ago, IAcruising said:

Other than one ship of Royal Caribbean, what lines have completely cancelled a cruise?

Just saw the new itinerary on Vacations to Go Site.  Yes, starting in Athens, then Athens again later on and one extra day at sea. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1