NCL Customer Experience on Israel issue.

Golfgalag

I was a loyal customer with NCL.     We are on a Rome to Israel cruise on November 8 to 20.     This cruise line can not give a definitive answer on final stop.    So how are we supposed to change our flights to get home.     It’s thanksgiving week.    All fights are full.    If they drop us off in Cyprus.    United does not flight out from there.    Good grief what is wrong with NCL.   If they will not give us a credit.  I will never book again with NCL.

15 minutes ago, Golfgalag said:

I was a loyal customer with NCL.     We are on a Rome to Israel cruise on November 8 to 20.     This cruise line can not give a definitive answer on final stop.    So how are we supposed to change our flights to get home.     It’s thanksgiving week.    All fights are full.    If they drop us off in Cyprus.    United does not flight out from there.    Good grief what is wrong with NCL.   If they will not give us a credit.  I will never book again with NCL.

This is a fluid situation that seriously changes by the minute. How do you honestly expect them to give you a valid answer that will still be accurate an hour from now. It boggles my mind how many people have no concept as to the severity of the overall situation and the logistics involved for airlines and cruise lines. But please feel free - during this WAR - to never book with NCL again -  without a doubt they will come begging you to book with them again due to your inconvenience

• Like 41
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, Golfgalag said:

How do you people seriously expect them to give you a definitive answer to something that has developed literally overnight? Do any of you people actually follow the news?

I am sure during this totally unexpected humanitarian crisis - NCL is concerned with you specifically.

Edited by RD64
Additional
  • Like 17

25 minutes ago, Golfgalag said:

Your expectations are totally unreasonable. You just can’t reschedule a ship at a moment’s notice. When the final itinerary is finalized, you will be told. Until then, be prepared to change. 

NCL didn’t create the situation and is working diligently to adapt to it. 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BirdTravels said:

Your expectations are unreasonable. You just can’t reschedule a ship at a moment’s notice. When the final itinerary is finalized, you will be told. 

Thank you for being a reasonable voice in this continual Woe is Me and My Cruise is Ruined game.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

The US state department, that department that issues passports just put out a travel warning to not to travel to Isreal.

Norwegian will make changes to the cruise and these changes will take time to complete. With last minute travel changes Norwegian will do what it can make to make the best of the situation like providing shuttle buses, paying for airline changes and other things. alot will happen in the next few weeks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Without question, your itinerary will be changed.  This was a situation nobody expected 4 days ago and I'm sure it takes time to rearrange the logistics.  Cruiseship berths are not like the Marriott, where you can arrange something on short notice or go to the next town over if one is at capacity.

Yes, it sucks that you'll be forced to rearrange your itinerary on short-ish notice.  Hopefully you have travel insurance to cover the increase in cost.

I do not think it unreasonable to expect NCL to say that IF things to not improve, customers can cancel their cruise with full refund.  Is their primary loyalty to the stock holders or paying customers?

• Like 1

I was just reading an article written yesterday by The Points Guy. This is not just an NCL issue. 

The situation is awful and, if I were in this predicament (let’s face it, it’s a first world problem given all that is going on), I would cancel the cruise and the flights. Use credit on both for a vacation at a later date or another destination altogether. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Golfgalag said:

Your thoughts/demands/feelings are utterly unreasonable given the terrorist attack and horrible bloodshed in that part of the world. Think about the thousands who have died, etc. and stop whining about your insignificant problems.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Golfgalag said:

I was a loyal customer with NCL.    It’s thanksgiving week.    All fights are full.  

Sorry to see you go. If all flights are full, what difference does it make where you end up?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

This is a fluid situation that seriously changes by the minute. How do you honestly expect them to give you a valid answer that will still be accurate an hour from now. It boggles my mind how many people have no concept as to the severity of the overall situation and the logistics involved for airlines and cruise lines. But please feel free - during this WAR - to never book with NCL again -  without a doubt they will come begging you to book with them again due to your inconvenience

No excuse for NCL, sleeping on the job again!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ChutChut said:

Your thoughts/demands/feelings are utterly unreasonable given the terrorist attack and horrible bloodshed in that part of the world. Think about the thousands who have died, etc. and stop whining about your insignificant problems.

Life goes on.  That’s cruisecritic, not CNN.

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

Your expectations are totally unreasonable. You just can’t reschedule a ship at a moment’s notice. When the final itinerary is finalized, you will be told. Until then, be prepared to change. 

NCL didn’t create the situation and is working diligently to adapt to it. 

No my expectations are not due to it’s thanksgiving week and it my not find a flight home.     The same goes for the poor people who are supposedly leaving Israel on November 20.     RCL has canceled all Israel cruise.    That’s is the right thing to due.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RD64 said:

25 minutes ago, brucelegs said:

and this is a good reason to purchase "Cancel For Any Reason" travel insurance.

Act of war cancels for any reason cause.    It’s insurance way out to not reimbursement 

It sounds like first priority was dealing with cruises out of Israel. Slow your roll and you’ll get your answer. Sorrynotsorry it’s not on your personal timeline. 

Norwegian is offering refunds to all customers who booked a cruise from Israel until the end of 2023. “We share in your sorrow in the light of the tragic situation that befell you in Israel and our hearts go out to all the citizens of Israel in this difficult time,” the company said. 

https://www.travelawaits.com/2952191/cruises-canceled-following-israel-attack/?amp

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, phillygwm said:

Without question, your itinerary will be changed.  This was a situation nobody expected 4 days ago and I'm sure it takes time to rearrange the logistics.  Cruiseship berths are not like the Marriott, where you can arrange something on short notice or go to the next town over if one is at capacity.

Yes, it sucks that you'll be forced to rearrange your itinerary on short-ish notice.  Hopefully you have travel insurance to cover the increase in cost.

1 minute ago, Golfgalag said:

Act of war cancels for any reason cause.    It’s insurance way out to not reimbursement 

No guarantee for travel insurance war!

This will be a bit of a challenge for NCL as they were using Haifa as the disembarkation/embarkation port, so not as easy as adding a new port mid-itinerary. From Cyprus, I think the best option might be back to Athens. Not sure if Antalya, Turkey or Alexandria, Egypt could do the turnaround. 

• Like 1

Just now, Capitan Obvious said:

I hate to break it to you, but the countries you are visiting on a Rome to Israel cruise don't celebrate Thanksgiving. For them it's just "Thursday".

You will see Black Friday sales though in those ports, which I find amusing every time as it makes no sense....

Honestly, I've found flying to and from Europe around Thanksgiving to be cheaper than normal - I think travel is crazy inside the US, but less people seem to head overseas - Thanksgiving week is one of my favorite times to cruise Europe for that reason.

I don't understand blaming NCL. A person has to expect changes if cruising to the Middle East. Sort of like cruising to Bermuda in September. Or in my case disembarking in Taiwan next June. I fully expect Xi to mess up my plans. And will not blame NCL if he does.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, yakcruiser said:

I don't understand blaming NCL. A person has to expect changes if cruising to the Middle East. Sort of like cruising to Bermuda in September. Or in my case disembarking in Taiwan next June. I fully expect Xi to mess up my plans. And will not blame NCL if he does.

Well, actually, that is easy to understand. We live in an era of assigning blame and taking no personal responsibility for anything. Literally anything. War breaks out, the OP likely does not have changeable airfare, nor do they have travel insurance, so therefore....NCL's fault. Easy peasy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 4