NCL Customer Experience on Israel issue.

Golfgalag

On 10/13/2023 at 9:48 PM, cassie55 said:

In Europe including the UK deposits are always non refundable.  

But when there is a major change(like embark/disembark port) full refund with 14 days has to one of the offers available.

The reason(war) would exclude compensation/damages that other changes like mechanical which would allow recovery of losses like independent airfares.

Of course, they don’t care that’s a problem with large corporations at the moment they are offering to refund everything, but the price of your room, my personal take they are going to cancel the cruise and have to refund everyone their money. Someone made a comment about its war and not Ncl zero fault, NCL has a contract with everyone there they obligated to meet as much of that is possible if they cancel the cruise then they have to give you your money back, if they refuse to give 6000 people their money back, there’s gonna be a lot of lawsuits

2 hours ago, backsbanny said:

They are going to change the cruise not cancel it. They have already secured Athens port as embarkation point for the 20th November cruise. We just need to wait for the new itinerary

Looks like it will be a pleasant  and not overcrowded cruise

2 hours ago, Oil said:

Looks like it will be a pleasant  and not overcrowded cruise

my "only" worry is that they will purposedly leave a possible cancellation at last minute, not allowing anyone to reschedule itinerary. Imagine that today European customer service of NCL said that "they still hope to sail from haifa if situation improves, otherwise will give further communication nearer the time". This of course is leading many passenger to cancel without any "perks", and may leave the ship mostly empty, leading to a cancellation for this reason...

8 minutes ago, allegrocontadino said:

my "only" worry is that they will purposedly leave a possible cancellation at last minute, not allowing anyone to reschedule itinerary. Imagine that today European customer service of NCL said that "they still hope to sail from haifa if situation improves, otherwise will give further communication nearer the time". This of course is leading many passenger to cancel without any "perks", and may leave the ship mostly empty, leading to a cancellation for this reason...

Just had a Chat with customer services and they clearly said that I will not be visiting Israel (20 November departure from Haifa) and I can cancel my flights there. All visits are discontinued at least till end 2023. As soon as new route is know they will communicate... 

if NCL truly cared about their customers, they would be making announcements providing options, but they are doing none of those. This is no different than any other business. If you are treated poorly at a restaurant, you do not return to that restaurant, I do believe most travelers are very understanding when they’re kept in the communication loop but they have zero information three weeks before departure is unacceptable , pissing off 6000+ customers is no way to do business

Again nothing official from NCL yet but perhaps they’re working on it.   Check out the port authority schedule we noticed several days ago…. Maybe leaving from Athens will be announced soon?   We have to remain patient.  But I’m sure they’re trying the best they can.  

4CE41716-4E35-4838-B36C-74BE3ACD9B28.png

9 minutes ago, sjane39 said:

Where did you read that they have secured Athens as the embarkation port - there is absolutely nothing on the internet about that and I called NCL and they know nothing about that.  

It is showing on the Piraeus port schedule and has been confirmed by my agent today!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Akhunter02 said:

if NCL truly cared about their customers, they would be making announcements providing options, but they are doing none of those. This is no different than any other business. If you are treated poorly at a restaurant, you do not return to that restaurant, I do believe most travelers are very understanding when they’re kept in the communication loop but they have zero information three weeks before departure is unacceptable , pissing off 6000+ customers is no way to do business

You have made this same post over and over. What you want is an immediate answer even if the logistics of it have not yet been finalized. Would you feel better if they gave you an answer to get you off the phone, but it did not turn out to be what they finally will do?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Akhunter02 said:

that port schedule showing the epic in Athens on the 13th, that is our normal port of call for that day that doesn’t say anything about where the ship is going to be on the 20th to let us off

It shows the Epic being in Piraeus on 20th!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Golfgalag said:

Cell just announced they the cruise ship that where canceled of Israel will be use for evacuation purposes back and forth from Israel to Cyprus 

I can't make head or tail out of this post, I'm sorry. 🤨

• Like 2