JamieLogical's Live from the MSC Meraviglia 10/25

JamieLogical

1 minute ago, go.without.you said:

She hasn't done anything yet. Even tho I keep reminder her, ugh! She's not as tech savvy and anxious to get details done like I am.

Well, I never took any photos through the app and managed to get my eticket and luggage tags just fine, so I suspect she just needs to do what she can through the web site, not through the app.

3 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

How many suitcases did you end up with?

One 25 inch, one 22 inch, 2 small carryon. I'm very embarrassed.  I had hoped to do one 30 inch, but it ended up over 50 pounds! I have 2 free checked bags with Delta, but 50 pounds domestic is the limit. I'm traveling without my sherpa (domestic partner), so I have to be able to handle everything myself. 

29 minutes ago, 3some said:

One 25 inch, one 22 inch, 2 small carryon. I'm very embarrassed.  I had hoped to do one 30 inch, but it ended up over 50 pounds! I have 2 free checked bags with Delta, but 50 pounds domestic is the limit. I'm traveling without my sherpa (domestic partner), so I have to be able to handle everything myself. 

I managed to get everything into a 24" and my absurdly large backpack, which is basically the size of a full carry-on. Here's a photo of it from the Away site:

image.png.a7143da95e053b1d98a772ed5c14974a.png

• Like 2

I can just imagine all the people on the ship right now... getting their last slice of pizza... last plate of snacks...  last cookie... last tall glass of their favorite spirits... listening to the last song... cashing in their remaining chips in for cash... picking out the last photos from the cruise... and then packing up and putting out the suitcases in the hallways... checking in and getting their boarding passes for their flights tomorrow... and planning their Uber ride to the airport... or deciding how to pay the $400 for parking.... I do dread the last night of the cruise...😥

• Like 1

Looking forward to following along!!
Your itinerary is very similar to the 11 night I am taking in January.
I followed your last live review because I had just gotten off my first MSC Meraviglia and it was nice to see the ship again through your eyes 😊
Now I cant wait until my next one, and especially interested to hear your experiences in the Mexican ports!
Bon Voyage!

8 hours ago, buffet24 said:

I can just imagine all the people on the ship right now... getting their last slice of pizza... last plate of snacks...  last cookie... last tall glass of their favorite spirits... listening to the last song... cashing in their remaining chips in for cash... picking out the last photos from the cruise... and then packing up and putting out the suitcases in the hallways... checking in and getting their boarding passes for their flights tomorrow... and planning their Uber ride to the airport... or deciding how to pay the $400 for parking.... I do dread the last night of the cruise...😥

Lucky for me, that is all still 11 days away.

Despite not setting my alarm, I still woke up at 6:30. Now I just need to kill several hours before I head to the port. I think my plan is a lazy morning, shower, some coffee from the lobby, and then more laziness until I can finally summon my lift.

• Like 3

For anyone who is interested in pre-cruise accommodations, here are some pictures I took of my room in the Baltic Hotel. This is a very spartan hotel, but the staff are very nice and it is passable for a place to just crash for a night. I don't think I would recommend it for staying more than one night at a time. You can see the room is quite small, but that isn't as much of an issue as just not utilizing the space well.

PXL_20231025_013700510.jpg

PXL_20231025_013714140.jpg

PXL_20231025_013729672.jpg

PXL_20231025_013739286.jpg

PXL_20231025_013743937.jpg

PXL_20231025_013758502.jpg

PXL_20231025_013816831.jpg

PXL_20231025_014118125.jpg

Edited by JamieLogical
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Despite not setting my alarm, I still woke up at 6:30. Now I just need to kill several hours before I head to the port. I think my plan is a lazy morning, shower, some coffee from the lobby, and then more laziness until I can finally summon my lift.

I am always anxious embarkation morning.  I find it challenging trying to stay occupied so time will appear to go faster.  

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

Lucky for me, that is all still 11 days away.

Looks like a BEAUTIFUL morning in NYC!!!  And there's Mera waiting for you to hurry on up!!!  Enjoy the excitement of getting on and let us know how it goes today.

I will be very curious to see what time you get there.... the check-in times... how long (or short) the lines and waits may be... and any other drama of the day...  😉  BTW, are you plan on doing buffet lunch or MDR lunch or HOLAs???

image.thumb.png.2e0e15e54b80cc207f60ba4e4fc2ad31.png

1 minute ago, angelofjoy23 said:

I will be boarding on Nov 5 when you're getting off the ship, so I look forward to reading your blog!!  I hope all is smooth sailing today 🙂

Us too!!  😉  We'll be driving down from Boston... how about you guys???

4 minutes ago, angelofjoy23 said:

Coming from Ohio!  Looking forward to the nightmare marathon mess! haha

Nice!!!   Wish you safe travels on your way to NYC and hope to cross paths!

Also, I LOVE BUFFETS... (can you tell by my user name??? 🤣🤣🤣)

So I made up this chart to plan out our dining times, snack times and show times... I'm a visual person, so trying to decipher all the Dailies (posted by Jamie!!!  🙏) schedule in my head...my head was spinning so I had to put it in a drawing...  Sorry... it's one of my shortcomings...  🤣🤣🤣😥😥😥

image.thumb.png.e026c69a509fe2a983288b2c4b479d98.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

49 minutes ago, angelofjoy23 said:

I wonder this too.  I've heard HOLA is open on embarkation day for lunch, but I'm curious if that's actually true!

I have eaten at Hola! for embarkation day lunch before and we may do so today assuming we can all get coordinated. I am in the Lyft on the way to the terminal now. Expected ETA is exactly 10:00.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Made it on the ship! Diamond definitely has it's advantages. Didn't have to wait in line for check-in and got to board first with the priority group.

Nice!!!  How long are the lines for us poor folks???

And can you stand at the stern and wave at us???  🙋‍♂️

image.png.285690fd03d066fa5ab597607f55eade.png

2 hours ago, buffet24 said:

So I made up this chart to plan out our dining times, snack times and show times.

This is AMAZING!!! I love buffets too. I am totally saving this to bring with me!!  You need to add in the Carousel shows and the hours for the free ice cream by the pool...just sayin; 🤣

And I wish you safe travels as well!  I'm sure we will definitely cross paths at some point.