JamieLogical's Live from the MSC Meraviglia 10/25

JamieLogical

We are in the home stretch now, folks! I made a ton of progress on my cruise prep over the weekend. I went to the store Friday for last-minute supplies. Yesterday, I got laundry done, painted my toenails, got all my electronics charged and updated (Windows update on my laptop, books downloaded to my Kindle, videos downloaded from my 360 camera, etc.), and I packed as much as I could of my backpack contents. There are a few toiletries I can't pack until the last minute because I am using them through tomorrow morning, but everything that can be packed into the backpack has been.

Today I need to stop by the bank to get cash out. Tonight I have to do a bit of ironing and pack my bundle and then that's pretty much it! Just the very last-minute stuff on my way out the door tomorrow.

Here's my regular plug for bundle packing, if you don't know what it is. Watch this video and it will change your life!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

We are in the home stretch now, folks! I made a ton of progress on my cruise prep over the weekend. I went to the store Friday for last-minute supplies. Yesterday, I got laundry done, painted my toenails, got all my electronics charged and updated (Windows update on my laptop, books downloaded to my Kindle, videos downloaded from my 360 camera, etc.), and I packed as much as I could of my backpack contents. There are a few toiletries I can't pack until the last minute because I am using them through tomorrow morning, but everything that can be packed into the backpack has been.

Today I need to stop by the bank to get cash out. Tonight I have to do a bit of ironing and pack my bundle and then that's pretty much it! Just the very last-minute stuff on my way out the door tomorrow.

Here's my regular plug for bundle packing, if you don't know what it is. Watch this video and it will change your life!

This is everything I am planning to include in my bundle for this trip:

• Underwear (x11)

• Slipper Socks (x11)

• Cotton Socks (x2)

• Moisture Wicking Socks (x2)

• Trail Pants (x2)

• Camis (x11)

• Long-sleeved Linen Shirts (x5)

• T-shirts (x2)

• Moisture Wicking Shirts (x2)

• Pajama Pants (x3)

• Cruise Pants (x6)

• Spanx (x1)

• Sweaters (x2)

• Dresses (x2)

• Cover-up

• Swimsuit Bottoms (x2)

• Boat Shoes

Hi Jamie,

Do you have to have your boarding pass (or ticket?) on your app?  Or are the printed paper tickets with barcodes sufficient? 

I web-checked in a few weeks ago and got my PDF tickets all printed out... now I see that my MSC App says Check-In partially completed but still need picture and Credit Card registered to get Boarding pass/tickets???  Is that really necessary to speed up boarding or can we do that at the terminal or on board while using the printed paper stuff?  MSC could not be any more confusing with their pre-departure paperworks/apps/online-status, etc...   Thanks!

3 hours ago, buffet24 said:

Hi Jamie,

Do you have to have your boarding pass (or ticket?) on your app?  Or are the printed paper tickets with barcodes sufficient? 

I web-checked in a few weeks ago and got my PDF tickets all printed out... now I see that my MSC App says Check-In partially completed but still need picture and Credit Card registered to get Boarding pass/tickets???  Is that really necessary to speed up boarding or can we do that at the terminal or on board while using the printed paper stuff?  MSC could not be any more confusing with their pre-departure paperworks/apps/online-status, etc...   Thanks!

I have used my printed eTicket to board every time so far. They will retake your picture at the terminal anyway. And like Essiesmom said, you can like your credit card to your on onboard account at any of the MANY kiosks onboard.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I have used my printed eTicket to board every time so far. They will retake your picture at the terminal anyway. And like Essiesmom said, you can like your credit card to your on onboard account at any of the MANY kiosks onboard.

Is there a kiosk in the YC? 

19 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Is there a kiosk in the YC? 

I haven't been in the YC, so I am not sure, but I am sure you will have to venture out of the YC at least once to see a show or something and there are many in all the public spaces.

13 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

I haven't been in the YC, so I am not sure, but I am sure you will have to venture out of the YC at least once to see a show or something and there are many in all the public spaces.

I am sure we will venture out daily.  There are many things outside the YC that we wish to experience. 

Trying to get the app to take my picture for check-in requires a level of patience that surpasses most saints. It finally took after I went to the website and it looks like a selfie taken by a drunk 2 yr old while riding a horse.

My travel companion has not yet checked in but I'm guessing I can access the luggage tags after that step?

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

Am I the only one that is freaking out over the dirty suitcase on their bed? Not to even mention wrapping clothes around a pair of shoes. Shudder.

Ha! I do put my shoes inside a plastic bag before wrapping my clothes around them when I bundle. The first time I bundled my husband's clothes, he had a temporary freak out about me stuffing clean socks into his dirty shoes. And I was like "your clean socks are going to end up inside these shoes at some point anyway!"

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

28 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

Trying to get the app to take my picture for check-in requires a level of patience that surpasses most saints. It finally took after I went to the website and it looks like a selfie taken by a drunk 2 yr old while riding a horse.

My travel companion has not yet checked in but I'm guessing I can access the luggage tags after that step?

You should be able to access your luggage tags already. If you log into the MSC web site and go to the "Web Check-in" screen, you should see an option to email your eTicket to an email address. Put in your email and the PDF that is sent to you will include the luggage tags.

• Like 1

Today is my travel day! I have a full day at work and then it's time for some very last-minute packing of toiletries before my husband drops me off at the airport for my 7:00pm flight.

Last night I got my ironing done and my bundle packed. I just have a few toiletries left and I am all set! Got a little sad last night thinking about missing my husband while I am gone, but I am sure I will cheer right up once onboard!

I will keep you posted on my progress as I fly out and arrive in NYC tonight. One of my solo buddies who is coming up from Memphis already has a flight delay of 2 hours, but fortunately, it's early in the day, so he still has plenty of time to get there.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

Thanks Jamie!  That's exactly what we will plan to do...

31 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Today is my travel day! I have a full day at work and then it's time for some very last-minute packing of toiletries before my husband drops me off at the airport for my 7:00pm flight.

Safe travels!   Looks like Mera is full speed to come get you... again...  😉 image.png.2af5e78a126fe85c4db33c04397b87bb.png

3 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

You should be able to access your luggage tags already. If you log into the MSC web site and go to the "Web Check-in" screen, you should see an option to email your eTicket to an email address. Put in your email and the PDF that is sent to you will include the luggage tags.

Nope. I get this, which isn't even a correct sentence:

"All documents will be available as soon as all the check-in steps will be completed for all passengers"

What if she can't get past the picture portion? It only took me 88 tries before it finally took a picture that it accepted. Why the app doesn't let you press a button to take a picture is stupid. I kept getting "rotate face" or "Look directly into the camera" before getting bounced out again.

After spending hours yesterday packing, unpacking, repacking 4 different suitcase configurations, I finally finished and am now in Atlanta waiting my connecting flight to Albany NY to stay with my traveling companion tonight. I didn't pack this much for our 9 day cruise and extra week in London in August. Of course I didn't pack dresses and bathing suits for that vacation.  Great weather in the South today and looks like it continues in NYC tomorrow.  We'll be taking the 7am train from ALB in the morning if anyone else is traveling from upstate.

2 minutes ago, go.without.you said:

Nope. I get this, which isn't even a correct sentence:

"All documents will be available as soon as all the check-in steps will be completed for all passengers"

What if she can't get past the picture portion? It only took me 88 tries before it finally took a picture that it accepted. Why the app doesn't let you press a button to take a picture is stupid. I kept getting "rotate face" or "Look directly into the camera" before getting bounced out again.

Has she done the more basic online check-in on the web site instead of through the app?

1 minute ago, 3some said:

After spending hours yesterday packing, unpacking, repacking 4 different suitcase configurations, I finally finished and am now in Atlanta waiting my connecting flight to Albany NY to stay with my traveling companion tonight. I didn't pack this much for our 9 day cruise and extra week in London in August. Of course I didn't pack dresses and bathing suits for that vacation.  Great weather in the South today and looks like it continues in NYC tomorrow.  We'll be taking the 7am train from ALB in the morning if anyone else is traveling from upstate.

How many suitcases did you end up with?