JamieLogical's Live from the MSC Meraviglia 10/25

JamieLogical

10 hours ago, MsTabbyKats said:

Hmmm....as a 74 year old Queens native, who spent a couple of years in Bklyn, and now lives in Manhattan....I found my Mera pizza delivered to the YC....just as good.  Different, but just as good.  I think NYC pizza is thicker and more cheese.  I had it a couple of days on the pool deck...and skipped YC dinner (except for dessert of course).

Queens native here.  

I said what I said 🙂 

I am a little stuffy/sniffly, but still testing negative, so I think it's just from the dry air with my heat now running at home. I found out yesterday that Jim, who was doing the B2B and was in charge of keeping an eye on Ted for me, tested positive yesterday. I feel really bad about that because his wife is onboard for this leg and they still have a lot of days of cruising left.

• Like 1

I'm glad to hear you're still testing negative and I'm sorry to hear that Jim tested positive. It's hard to believe we are almost 4 years into Covid. I was so naïve in the beginning, thinking I'd return to in office work within a couple of weeks and I'm still working from home.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am a little stuffy/sniffly, but still testing negative, so I think it's just from the dry air with my heat now running at home. I found out yesterday that Jim, who was doing the B2B and was in charge of keeping an eye on Ted for me, tested positive yesterday. I feel really bad about that because his wife is onboard for this leg and they still have a lot of days of cruising left.

Jamie, Jim & his wife Maureen are positive for Covid and are quarantined in their balcony cabin.

Ted

Essiesmom I have no idea how my font changed to script. I only use a script in my signature. I like to change up my color and font for the body though. It’s like changing my outfit on bitmoji lol. 

Oh lordy no XXXCOVIDXXX. I do have tests already thrown in my bag. 

Edited by Terry in NJ

• 4 months later...
9 hours ago, ajoneen said:

@ESCARGOHey Ted  have any plans to sail Meraviglia again??

(have no idea if you'll even see this)    

I don't want to cause undue concern, but none of us have heard from Ted since the Super Bowl. That was the last time I texted with him. No one else in our solo crew has heard anything since then. We have tried posting here, emailing, calling, texting, and messaging on FB. Calls go straight to voicemail. With Ted's past health issues, we are all very worried, but have not figured out a way to get a hold of any of his family members, as we don't know their names.

On 3/30/2024 at 10:39 PM, ajoneen said:

@JamieLogical Hmmm- thanks for the heads up. 🍹 I shall toast him the next time I’m in Edge- To his happiness wherever that may be. 

I learned that @ESCARGO passed away on February 28. His funeral was held on Monday. I am struggling with the news, but I thought you would want to know.

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

I learned that @ESCARGO passed away on February 28. His funeral was held on Monday. I am struggling with the news, but I thought you would want to know.

Jamie, I am so sad to hear about your friend's passing.  I can only offer my sincerest condolences.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I am struggling with the news, but I thought you would want to know.

Yes, Thank you.  

Words cannot express how sorry I am to hear this. 

I know you had a special bond with Ted. I hope you will find peace in your amazing memories- eventually.   

Thank you for the well wishes. Ted was one of my favorite humans and I am so glad I got to have him in my life. If it weren't for Ted, I never would have given MSC a shot, so you can thank him for all of my Live Blogs too! Our solo cruise crew is really struggling with the news and I hope we can use our cruise on the Merviglia in October as a chance to memorialize him and honor him for bringing us all together.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I'm so sorry to hear this news, Jamie. I know when he had the health issues onboard you were all very worried and it was clear he was special to you all. I'm hoping the memories you have can carry you through.

@JamieLogical I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of your friend, Ted.  I got the sense from your posts that your group of solo cruising friends really liked him a lot.  I remember you posting about his health problems on one of your cruises.  Take comfort in knowing that he enjoyed being with you guys just as much as you all enjoyed being with him.  May he rest in peace (or cruise in peace as the case may be).