ESTA PROBLEM HELP URGENTLY NEEDED

ellie1145

My (adult) son’s ESTA application is still pending nearly 6 days later and we sail on Sunday. 

We have surfed the internet but it seems it’s very unusual for it to take more than 72 hours  it’s now over 120 hours and we are naturally frantic. 

Will he be able to do another application or will the pending one override everything?

No money has been taken either. Unfortunately he used the new app …..🙈

1 hour ago, hallasm said:

Did he get this e-mail with link. I Got The approval The same day.

IMG_5914.jpeg

I believe so, hallasm, as he has been able to get in to check the status of his application which is still pending as of 5 mins ago. 

No idea if this helps and I can’t imagine that you will get the ESTA without paying. This is a “general” answer I got after posing a question (sorry forgot what). 

Thank you for contacting the Traveler Communications Center. 

This is a general email, and we recognize that it may not address your specific situation. Please review the information below and reply directly to this email if this general information does not resolve your inquiry. 

Error in your Date of Birth
If you have made a mistake in your date of birth on your ESTA application, your incorrect application will need to be cancelled in order to re-apply. If this is the case, please respond to this email with your name, date of birth, and passport number to complete the cancellation request. You will then need to complete a new and correct application with the accompanying fee.

When you have to apply for a new ESTA
An ESTA application must contain correct pertinent biographical data. This includes full name, date of birth, citizenship, place of birth, gender, and passport information. Once an application has been submitted, no changes can be made because the ESTA application is considered an official document. 

If your application contains incorrect information for any of the above, you must submit a new application at: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta. If an application that contains incorrect data is part of a group application, only the application with the incorrect data needs to be resubmitted. There is a fee associated with each application submitted. Erroneous or incorrect information can cause delays at check-in and/or upon arrival in the United States. 

A new ESTA application is also required if your responses to any of the ESTA eligibility questions (page 5 of the ESTA application) change.

If you are unable to submit a new application, please respond to this email with your name, date of birth, and passport number so that we can submit a cancellation request. You will then need to complete a new and correct application with the accompanying fee.

When you DO NOT have to apply for a new ESTA:
A change or error in employment, home address, work address, phone number, email address, travel itinerary, transit status, travel address, or in the point of contact information does not require that a new application be submitted, or that an existing application be updated. However, please have the correct information readily available, as it may be requested during the inspection process.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.
NOTE:   The answers provided in this forum are for general information purposes only.  Utilizing this forum does not constitute Reasonable Care under Informed Compliance guidelines.

ref:_00Dt0LBIM._500t00F66j:ref

Here is an official website with hopefully an answer to your questions.

https://esta-america.com/is-a-fast-track-esta-possible/

I wish you good luck and hope you return with a positive result soon.

Rosalyn

Edited by cruiseaholic78
  • Like 1

An update 

The application is still pending but the hold on the money from his bank account has disappeared and there is no payment taken. That suggests to me that something went wrong with the money transaction or am I barking up the wrong tree?

He is going to phone the US again with this information and also contact his credit card company to see what’s going on.

I very much appreciate any help on offer so thank you to all who have responded. 

3 minutes ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

No idea if this helps and I can’t imagine that you will get the ESTA without paying. This is a “general” answer I got after posing a question (sorry forgot what). 

Thank you for contacting the Traveler Communications Center. 

This is a general email, and we recognize that it may not address your specific situation. Please review the information below and reply directly to this email if this general information does not resolve your inquiry. 

Error in your Date of Birth
If you have made a mistake in your date of birth on your ESTA application, your incorrect application will need to be cancelled in order to re-apply. If this is the case, please respond to this email with your name, date of birth, and passport number to complete the cancellation request. You will then need to complete a new and correct application with the accompanying fee.

When you have to apply for a new ESTA
An ESTA application must contain correct pertinent biographical data. This includes full name, date of birth, citizenship, place of birth, gender, and passport information. Once an application has been submitted, no changes can be made because the ESTA application is considered an official document. 

If your application contains incorrect information for any of the above, you must submit a new application at: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta. If an application that contains incorrect data is part of a group application, only the application with the incorrect data needs to be resubmitted. There is a fee associated with each application submitted. Erroneous or incorrect information can cause delays at check-in and/or upon arrival in the United States. 

A new ESTA application is also required if your responses to any of the ESTA eligibility questions (page 5 of the ESTA application) change.

If you are unable to submit a new application, please respond to this email with your name, date of birth, and passport number so that we can submit a cancellation request. You will then need to complete a new and correct application with the accompanying fee.

When you DO NOT have to apply for a new ESTA:
A change or error in employment, home address, work address, phone number, email address, travel itinerary, transit status, travel address, or in the point of contact information does not require that a new application be submitted, or that an existing application be updated. However, please have the correct information readily available, as it may be requested during the inspection process.

Thank you again for contacting the CBP Traveler Communications Center.
NOTE:   The answers provided in this forum are for general information purposes only.  Utilizing this forum does not constitute Reasonable Care under Informed Compliance guidelines.

ref:_00Dt0LBIM._500t00F66j:ref

Here is an official website with hopefully an answer to your questions.

https://esta-america.com/is-a-fast-track-esta-possible/

I wish you good luck and hope you return with a positive result soon.

Rosalyn

Thank you Rosalyn. Much appreciated 

He has spoken to the US again and got completely different information. The guy this morning said he could speak to the escalation dept. But this agent said he couldn’t and she’d send an email. But it’s 3-10 working days. So pretty useless

We’ve been doing ESTAS for years, ever since they were introduced. Never had this sort of problem. Just hope nobody else has this experience.