The e-mail was telling the truth!!!

Guest cruzr44

We got a balcony for under $800 pp on Navigator, 10/21. That is because there are three of us and we split the total. I think it was actually $750@. Another couple traveling with us are two in the cabin and paying $900 pp.

I got the same email, valid for the cruise we booked previously,and our balcony is $745.00pp TOTAL inclusive all taxes, port fees etc. But that is less a C&A coupon applicable to that sailing.

I could not pass it up! I got a balcony cabin on Mariner of the Seas 8/26/06 for $847 + $52 gov't tax less $62.50 C&A ($125 per cabin) and $50 onboard credit for being a stockholder ($100 per cabin). That is less than $800 per person total and all discounts involved.

Peak season too. They also had Eastern trips 8/20/06. Better yet Rhapsody of the Seas out of Galveston is even less.

I didn't receive an e-mail for a discount.

Is this discount specific to a particular ship or sailing?

I'm sailing on the Mariner on 8/20/06 and am wondering if this would apply.

Would appreciate any info regarding the e-mail.

I could not pass it up! I got a balcony cabin on Mariner of the Seas 8/26/06 for $847 + $52 gov't tax less $62.50 C&A ($125 per cabin) and $50 onboard credit for being a stockholder ($100 per cabin). That is less than $800 per person total and all discounts involved.

I'm on the 8/20/06 sailing of the Mariner. 8/26 is our last sea day so I assume you mean the 8/27 Mariner sailing.

Either that or we'll be picking you up in the middle of the ocean. :eek:

Do you own a jet ski? :)

The email is an advertisement to upgrade your cabins on select sailings, if you look to the right of this screen the link is there as well. It is also in the "hot deals" section on the Royal Caribbean's website.

Hot deals link:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/dealsandmore/featuredCruises.do;jsessionid=0000Zzr9EhEW6GKzPEbl3WjFQ-M:10ktmerri?topic=adv&requestor=arn&subtopic=0306upgrade

Note that the price advertised is the same prices we booked when there was a price drop, so it isn't anything "new" just being marketed differently.On some of the sailings there are coupons applicable from the Crown and Anchor Magazine issue #1 of 2006.

If you do a search there are threads with a full list of all coupons. If you know there is a coupon for the cruise that you are interested in and hav enot gotten the magazine, call crown and anchor and you should be able to get the coupon code.

Note that the sailing dates in the ad are all during hurricane season... maybe after last year's nasty season, they're anticipating having trouble filling the ships this year?

I am sure I saw a few December dates as well, my guess is that the sale is due to a combination of several things.

Last year we had hurricanes from July to December, that's 6 months out of the year, alot of people are probably worried about hurricane season, but I am one of those who booked and I am going in good faith and with insurance since October/November is a good time of the year to sail for me for many reasons.

Also, there seems to be no problem selling the Freedom, those prices keep going up maybe that is affecting sales on the other ships as well.

On another note, there was a price drop on the Voyager European cruise as well, for October and November, the prices went as low as $699.00 so go figure!

Archived