Viva Live 21 days, Rome to Miami, plus a few days in Rome

JIMESOPUS

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm holding out little hope on Pr1ma, as well. I suppose it means I can eat more meat since I'll just forego the potatoes. I already rarely the taters at lunch and dinner. Now I'll have fewer carbs and that's always a good thing, right? 

Your logic makes total sense. Yet, I know I will be eating as many pasteis de nata as my little body can handle while in Lisbon to compensate for the carbs lost from lack of hash browns on board. I smuggled four of those tarts onto the Getaway; wonder how many more I can smuggle onto the Viva without being thrown into the brig.

• Haha 7

@JIMESOPUS great to see and know about Livorno and that we're able to take NCL shuttle for 7 euros. 

We have been to Florence (via cruise once and we stayed there 4 days another time) and Pisa so we'll be happy to stay in Livorno next time we hit the port.

Single digit before we see/meet you on ship Viva - 9 days to go!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, mking8288 said:

Love the photos & the towns, places, etc. Look forward to a good sample of those sweet & freshly baked Portuguese egg tarts, yummy good, different from the ones we had in Macau, formerly a colony. 

Quick question, is Beetlejuice still on the Viva ? 

yes, busy evening planned - Latitudes party at 5 PM, dinner with officers at 7 PM and Beetle at 930 PM

• Like 3

The previous 5 NCL cruises we were able to combine the Free at Sea minutes and latitudes discount, as per Internet manager here on the Viva they were doing it wrong, you can only get one discount. 

Heat issues ( lack of ) has been fixed. Someone turned off the heat thru software, tech corrected the problem in thirty seconds.

Going ashore soon, tenders provided by the port.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

The previous 5 NCL cruises we were able to combine the Free at Sea minutes and latitudes discount, as per Internet manager here on the Viva they were doing it wrong, you can only get one discount. 

Just wanted to confirm...

Are the rules different on the Viva? Were you only allowed to receive either the FAS discount or the Latitudes discount, but not both?

On the Getaway last week, I upgraded to unlimited basic wifi on the third day of the cruise. The rate was reduced by two days and I received the FAS discount. A few days later, I asked the internet manager to apply the Latitudes discount. She explained that the system on board was unable to automatically apply both discounts, but she was able to manually apply the Latitudes discount for me.

6 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

yes, busy evening planned - Latitudes party at 5 PM, dinner with officers at 7 PM and Beetle at 930 PM

Where do we go on embarkation day to book shows and dining? I need to change a few dining reservations.

Also, any idea which evening the dinner with officers will be on the TA?

58 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Just wanted to confirm...

Are the rules different on the Viva? Were you only allowed to receive either the FAS discount or the Latitudes discount, but not both?

On the Getaway last week, I upgraded to unlimited basic wifi on the third day of the cruise. The rate was reduced by two days and I received the FAS discount. A few days later, I asked the internet manager to apply the Latitudes discount. She explained that the system on board was unable to automatically apply both discounts, but she was able to manually apply the Latitudes discount for me.

@Sugar Magnolia According the internet manager aboard the Viva, the policy has always been one or the other and not both. He claims the other 5 ships that we have been on this year are wrong. Maybe it's something new or he is wrong. Can't ever see using the latitudes discount since it will always be less unless you are on a 20 day cruise.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

Where do we go on embarkation day to book shows and dining? I need to change a few dining reservations.

Also, any idea which evening the dinner with officers will be on the TA?

Reservations for both, Viva theater, deck 6 entrance.

Dinner with officers - Surprised to see it so soon on this cruise, day 3. Best guess would be first sea after the Azores

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Breakfast today at the Local

Maybe someone NCL was reading some of the recent CC Trip Report on plating used at the Local ... they are no longer using the tiny, rectangular plate (best for wings & sushi, etc.) to serve a regular breakfast order ?  

Is that a single or half order of bacon with the eggs ?? and you shared 1/2 with Carol's French Toast ... they usually pile on high, generous pieces of bacon with each breakfast order ... that we end up sharing & skipping the meat on the other hot breakfast order.  @cruiseny4life will definitely need to be mindful of getting extra breakfast protein to satisfy ... wait, don't he get nicer ones in the Haven restaurant, regardless 😁 😎 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Guess I have been spelling Bettlejuice wrong. 

GOPR0132.thumb.JPG.a45518fa8b38fc7a7b11e3236a597ba4.JPG 

Latitudes party, 5 Ambassadors and thirty Diamond aboard. Special of the cruise is 3 cruisenext on a balcony and at 4 months out.

Dinner with officers, 6 PAX and two officers ( cruise next manager and safety manager ), two seating's.

$20 bus transfers for Marseille, purchase at the shore excursions desk.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Latitudes party, 5 Ambassadors and thirty Diamond aboard. Special of the cruise is 3 cruisenext on a balcony and at 4 months out.

I just saw the triple up promo on the NCL website this morning.

Beetlejuice is the name of the show.

Betelgeuse is the name of the supergiant star in the Orion Constellation.

Both pronounced the same way.

So much useless information in my head it hurts.

• Haha 5

45 minutes ago, JIMESOPUS said:

Wash out today at Marseilles, thought we could power thru the rain but when the wind kicked up we gave up and returned back to the ship, c’est la vie.

Oh no! Let us know how the ship handles a boatload of people staying indoors...at least I think most will probably stay on the ship since the weather is being a bit prickly. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

@cruiseny4life Most went upstairs again, something about a buffet almost like a moth to a light. We did see Matsi today, he has 22 cruises this year, thought us being at 7 was something. 

Food so far today, MDR tonight - breakfast

IMG_5411.thumb.JPG.569c3db98eeecb6af6469a95e6508afc.JPG 

IMG_5412.thumb.JPG.f4337ab91849a5e0ed55bca4aca01337.JPG 

IMG_5413.thumb.JPG.6f2a8a086e90121e335e440c0a874290.JPG 

Lunch - French Raspberry and Lemon Drop

IMG_5415.thumb.JPG.7f4e04cd4981e06138cba00e35488110.JPG

our only picture of the port

IMG_5414.thumb.JPG.72fce2778702b85e994c46f55f8fa0b4.JPG 

• Like 4

On 11/8/2023 at 8:13 AM, JIMESOPUS said:

@Sugar Magnolia According the internet manager aboard the Viva, the policy has always been one or the other and not both. He claims the other 5 ships that we have been on this year are wrong. Maybe it's something new or he is wrong. Can't ever see using the latitudes discount since it will always be less unless you are on a 20 day cruise.

JIm...loving your review.

Side note, I've never had a problem combining the internet discounts.  

Just combined those discounts a few weeks ago on the Epic.

Sounds like this internet manager is saying everyone else is wrong, and he's right?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

JIm...loving your review.

Side note, I've never had a problem combining the internet discounts.  

Just combined those discounts a few weeks ago on the Epic.

Sounds like this internet manager is saying everyone else is wrong, and he's right?

Correct, he is right and all others are wrong, maybe something new?

• Like 2