Switch Cruise - Deposit

fwman

8 minutes ago, torpeedo said:

I have had a rep offer to switch us another cruise with no penalty when I was canceling a cruise.  Maybe if I had called and asked to switch a cruise, the penalty might have been applied.  

Was this last year while covid protocols still in place? This year that is the policy, last year wasnt. 

13 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Was this last year while covid protocols still in place? This year that is the policy, last year wasnt. 

I went back to check and it was this year, for a May 14 Wonder cruise.  This rep had me on hold and said it was a one time thing or something to that effect.  We didn't do it though.  Too much already booked and other commitments

• Like 1

If you switch a cruise with a NRD I understand the $100 pp charge but are there any restrictions such as it has to be for the same grade of room or cruise length for example. I assume then you have to immediately pay to make up the difference for the deposit on the new cruise.

14 minutes ago, Tin can said:

If you switch a cruise with a NRD I understand the $100 pp charge but are there any restrictions such as it has to be for the same grade of room or cruise length for example. I assume then you have to immediately pay to make up the difference for the deposit on the new cruise.

No restrictions - I switched from a fixed room on a 6 night to a gty on a 9 night.  This is for 2024 so we're before final payment so the $100pp ($200) was added to our billing statement for the 9 night.  

• Like 1