Volendam cabin 2645

kacurl

It should be a quiet cabin, being sandwiched between two cabin decks. 

I have never stayed in this cabin, nor visited. I assume it is similar to 2619, although it does not look to be an exact replica, based on the deck plans. The bathroom looks as if it is incorporated into the main body of the cabin, whereas in 2619, the bathroom butts out into an area used as a crew passageway on the other side. 

Sorry I can't be a bigger help for you. I will say that if I were booking, and other cabins I like were not available, I most certainly would consider this cabin. 
Have you looked for pictures of it on HALFacts? Look for both Volendam and Zaandam, and see if Rotterdam and Amsterdam are still there; they likely have the same cabin. 

Thanks so much ,Ruth and crystalspin.. Actually going to wait till. our cruise in January to book, I had done mock booking for price,  that cabin was shown, and I thought of you Ruth,     cathy

I have booked cabins near empty spaces that aren't labeled and it's been disappointing. The spaces are usually work rooms of some kind, and can be active 24-7, with doors slamming and the crew shouting at one another, etc..It's important to have a clear picture of the location of the cabin, and it's easy enough to find a deck plan online that will provide that kind of imformation.

13 hours ago, kacurl said:

Actually going to wait till. our cruise in January to book, I had done mock booking for price,  that cabin was shown, and I thought of you Ruth,

Now that I have reread the post from so many years ago, and know that the cabin also has the same bump-out that 2619 has, I would book it if 2619 wasn't available. 
Love those larger insides! 

7 hours ago, kacurl said:

Just checked and 2619 is available. Hmmmmm.

Take it! My favorite cabin on all four of the late and current R-class ships. Handy-dandy to stairs/elevators. Can't get more mid-ship. Low on the ship, which combined with being mid-ship, makes for a smooth ride. 
Comfy as all get-out. Larger than most other cabins (except for Pinnacle Suite). 

• Like 1

We refer to these cabins as the square rooms. We were in cabin 1854 recently. These cabins feel larger because they are. 1854 is 204 square feet. We have also travelled in these cabins on the Maasdam. The only down side that we could see is the fact that you exit the bathroom directly into the cabin. There is no hallway and hence no privacy curtain while you are dressing. Most of the noise came from the hallway as they have more exposure on that side.

Hello All,

I just booked a b2b on the Volendam for June 01 and June 08, 2024 and booked cabin 2645 for both legs as 2619 wasn't available.  Thank you for helping me decide.  I've used that type of cabin before and liked it very much.

This will be my first HAL cruise as I have always done NCL before but didn't want the hassle of flying etc. so I checked what cruises left from Montreal and was happy to see HAL did.  Have also been an avid user of CC and all its great information!

Have watched a "walk through" youtube video on the Volendam and it looks like I will enjoy it very much.

Enjoy planning your next cruise as much as I will.

happytotravel

We are on the May 18th sailing. We will rent a car here, drive to Albany and take the Adirondack train to Montreal, and spend a few days pre cruise. Haven't been to Montreal in a long time, looking forward to it. This will be easy trip for us.

23 hours ago, Sandscout said:

Hi happytotravel 

Did you read the link in crystalspin’s Post #3 regarding Amsterdam Cabin #2645?

Thanks, yes I did.  I'll keep it and see what happens.  Noise does not bother me too much.I will enjoy the extra space.

happytotravel