Upgrade?

cherokeesmom

56 minutes ago, cherokeesmom said:

We booked under the up to 4 cabin upgrade recently.  We are in a b-2 veranda.  Would we be upgraded to. Concierge level cabin?

Did you ask to be upgraded when you booked? It doesn’t happen automatically.

Did you DIY or use a TA?

1 hour ago, cherokeesmom said:

We booked under the up to 4 cabin upgrade recently....

When you booked it you should've seen the prices for all the cabins and noticed that some different levels had the same price. So, you might be able to book a C for the price of a G or a B for the price of an F. That sort of price reduction. I've done this many times. BUT the cabin you selected during the sale is the cabin you're in for the cruise. You just should've paid less for it if you used the sale properly.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, cherokeesmom said:

We booked under the up to 4 cabin upgrade recently.  We are in a b-2 veranda.  Would we be upgraded to. Concierge level cabin?

2 hours ago, Woofa said:

I may be mistaken but I thought the upgrade was the cabin you got, just that you paid a lower price for it.

My understanding is the same as @Woofa's.  You purchased a b-2 at the price of a lower level stateroom.

• Like 2

Allow me to kick in here because I remember this same question confused me.  When the cruise had a "Four Cabin Upgrade" promotion, the upgrades were applied to the cabin you choose.  To be clear, if you choose a B-2, the price for that stateroom applied the promotion.  You will not be upgraded past that at that price.  

We booked a PH3 at the price of a Concierge Level. I remember also being a bit confused until I clarified it with the Oceania Telephone agent.  I hope I was helpful.

Cruise well and enjoy every moment. 

Since the OP has:

1. Disappeared;

2.  Started a thread with NO facts;

3.  None of us have any clue as to what’s happening!

Time to yawn and move on. I personally feel embarrassed that I responded to someone that offered zero information about what actually transpired. 😔

15 hours ago, pinotlover said:

Since the OP has:

1. Disappeared;

The time between the OP and yours was ~12 hours. Perhaps he/she has had other things to do during that relatively brief period and didn't spend the time frantically hitting F5.

OT: yes, when looking at the fares during an "up to 4 category upgrade" it's clear that the upgrade is built into the price - it's a price reduction for a given cabin, not really an upgrade. Like the OP, I had hoped it meant that I could get book a B4 (for example) at the listed price and get assigned an A4, but no - it means that the listed price for an A4 is what the B4 used to be (maybe . . .). One way to tell is that the pricing for the lowest 4 categories is likely the same.

Edited by JYDCruise
  • Like 2

On 10/21/2023 at 8:17 AM, cherokeesmom said:

It's possible. I'm not familiar with the upgrade system you mentioned. What will happen is that if up to 4 upgrades become available you will likely receive a call(first come first serve) We had this set up. The cabin upgrades are not free(at least they haven't been) They'll ask you what level you want & will give you a price. With us it was always lower than if you had booked the higher level on your own. It's your choice if you want to pay it. We went from a B-2 to an A-4. It cost us $500 total for this upgrade. Now this was only available as the ship was not full.

Edited by rbtan
additions

43 minutes ago, rbtan said:

It's possible. I'm not familiar with the upgrade system you mentioned. What will happen is that if up to 4 upgrades become available you will likely receive a call(first come first serve) We had this set up. The cabin upgrades are not free(at least they haven't been) They'll ask you what level you want & will give you a price. With us it was always lower than if you had booked the higher level on your own. It's your choice if you want to pay it. We went from a B-2 to an A-4. It cost us $500 total for this upgrade. Now this was only available as the ship was not full.

I believe we are talking two different things here. They are referring to booking a cruise on a Up to 4 Category Sales event. And you seem to be describing with your scenario an upsale offer made after you had already booked a cruise. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, EJL2023 said:

I believe we are talking two different things here. They are referring to booking a cruise on a Up to 4 Category Sales event. And you seem to be describing with your scenario an upsale offer made after you had already booked a cruise. 

Probably right.