Tote bags

NYC-London

Good morning,

You won't see me getting off the ship with a tote bag. 🤣 I'm on the Grandeur now. I did anticipate that for the inaugural cruise ( which is what we were sold over a year ago and then they conveniently added Venice in front) would have  some special gift of remembrance for Everyone! 

I am not  Concierge level. We are already booked for this ship in Feb. I guess I'll have to bring one of my Crystal bags.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, seasidemn said:

Good morning,

You won't see me getting off the ship with a tote bag. 🤣 I'm on the Grandeur now. I did anticipate that for the inaugural cruise ( which is what we were sold over a year ago and then they conveniently added Venice in front) would have  some special gift of remembrance for Everyone! 

I am not  Concierge level. We are already booked for this ship in Feb. I guess I'll have to bring one of my Crystal bags.

It’s always a conversation starter:

”how much money did you lose?” is how the conversation starts 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, seasidemn said:

Good morning,

Who ever in Regent management that made the decision that only concierge level and above receive a tote bag which clearly is marked Regent cruise lines needs to retake both Marketing 101 and Advertising 101 - I'm believe they either skipped or slept through those classes.

I am surprised there was no special token for sailing the maiden voyage - yet again reinforces my above statement

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, NYC-London said:

Who ever in Regent management that made the decision that only concierge level and above receive a tote bag which clearly is marked Regent cruise lines needs to retake both Marketing 101 and Advertising 101 - I'm believe they either skipped or slept through those classes.

I am surprised there was no special token for sailing the maiden voyage - yet again reinforces my above statement

The voyage is not over

• Like 1

18 hours ago, NYC-London said:

On 11/2/2023 at 2:37 PM, NYC-London said:

You are also from NJ where stores are no longer allowed to provide bags - it looks like this will fit onto the compartment on my car door which I can just grab when I run into Kings (a local supermarket) for a few items.

Fellow Bergen County folks?

20 minutes ago, NYC-London said:

Essex and sometimes work in Morris

Ah, got it!  Further away from the mess that is the greater NYC area. We've a Kings here which we used to frequent but their prices are absolutely insane, 20-30% higher than Whole Foods. Go figure.  Love the thought behind the bring-your-own-bag idea...but hate it in practice!😇

• Like 2

I usually bring my Longchamp bag along when we go grocery shopping in Europe (we will do so because we want a few things in our hotel room or because we are having a picnic lunch somewhere).  The Regent tote sounds kind of perfect for this purpose.

I just checked the bags from my last 3 Regent cruises (Navigator April 23, Splendor back to backs September - October 22, and Voyager back to backs December 19 - January 20). The Navigator and Splendor cruises were in concierge, and Voyager in a penthouse.

We received the gold straw textured bag last April. It's very large, with prominent Regent decals, and has only a small zipper pouch inside. It's poorly made, with holes in the seams and the full zipper across the top is nearly impossible to pull. The other 2 bags are smaller, dark navy with small discrete decals. They both have a full zipper across the top, and have a large divider pocket on one side, with 2 small pouches within the divider. On the other side of the interior there's a zippered compartment as part of the lining.They're very nicely made.

We had 2 cruises before that, but I didn't dig deep enough into the closet to find them. I seem to remember that one from our first cruise in 2017 might have been open at the top without a zipper.

By the end of the cruise, I often have some extras purchased on the trip and I have often used the tote bag. As someone else said, if you're paying more for the same size cabin, they have to give you something to make it seem worth the concierge upgrade. I thought it was the coffee machine, but I haven't been able to get a working one on my last 2 cruises. Replacement machines didn't work either. It was very frustrating. Now I'm happy going to the Coffee Connection when it opens for cappuccino and a cronut.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/26/2023 at 10:02 AM, Georgia_Peaches said:

When I was a kid my family was relocating from Germany back to the states per Army transfer. A stewardess gave me a set of Pan Am wings to wear on my shirt. When I showed up on the next flight (non Pan Am) the new flight attendant saw my wings and offered me a different pair to represent the new airline (can’t remember which). Perhaps I will bring my Celebrity tote bag since our category isn’t eligible for the Regent tote…worked when I was a kid!  🙂

We are in the Polaris Lounge in Houston awaiting our flight to Sydney.  We have Regent, Uniworld and Viking luggage tags, Oceania bag.  I think I have an Oceania tote packed.  If we like the product we use it!

• Like 4

On 11/11/2023 at 11:02 AM, Redtravel said:

Thanks.  The tote isn’t the issue. When you advertise that you get something, do it.  On our last Oceania cruise, we went to a higher loyalty level.  One day during the cruise, we got a letter congratulating us. In the letter, it said that we would get some gifts.  One of the gifts listed , a cap, wasn’t there. We went to see the loyalty rep.  She gave us another letter that said something about supply issues.  Asked if we would get it latter in the trip. Her answer was no. Our response was, “what?” She said that there were no caps.  

Same experience here last August on Marina.  We got the tote - although it was more like a messenger bag, but no cap.  Our letter told us to ask for one on our next Oceania cruise, but I'm not happy with the excursion credit idea in Simply More, which is why I'm browsing the Regent Board.  I know they have included (ie paid for) excursions, but since Oceania is no longer à la carte, I'm looking elsewhere.  They’ve lost their USP.

3 hours ago, SellaVee said:

Same experience here last August on Marina.  We got the tote - although it was more like a messenger bag, but no cap.  Our letter told us to ask for one on our next Oceania cruise, but I'm not happy with the excursion credit idea in Simply More, which is why I'm browsing the Regent Board.  I know they have included (ie paid for) excursions, but since Oceania is no longer à la carte, I'm looking elsewhere.  They’ve lost their USP.

We were on Vista last week. My spouse went to seethe loyalty concierge and asked for the caps. They sent one cap to our cabin.

• 2 weeks later...

Our last cruise was on Silversea, which provided each of us with a Very Nice backpack, which we've since used for other travel. The backpacks are far nicer than any tote we've been given on any cruise line. I'm looking forward to getting another backpack when we travel with Silversea next year!

As we'll also be traveling with RSSC next year, for the first time, we'll be sure to bring our backpacks as reminders that giving away things like backpacks and caps pays off in years of free advertising among the same clientele RSSC is courting.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Queasy_Cruiser said:

Our last cruise was on Silversea, which provided each of us with a Very Nice backpack, which we've since used for other travel. The backpacks are far nicer than any tote we've been given on any cruise line. I'm looking forward to getting another backpack when we travel with Silversea next year!

As we'll also be traveling with RSSC next year, for the first time, we'll be sure to bring our backpacks as reminders that giving away things like backpacks and caps pays off in years of free advertising among the same clientele RSSC is courting.

Agree love the SS backpacks sadly I have only them on the their expedition ships.