It won't allow me to book interior with a baby?

amurray88

Hi All,

My wife, 6 month old and I are considering booking an MSC cruise but when I put in 3 passengers (even though one will be in a cot rather than a bed) it won't allow me to book an interior. Any ideas? We can't really afford the cost if we need to pay for a balcony. Thanks!

25 minutes ago, Homosassa said:

Maybe all the  interior cabins that hold three passengers in your selected experience level are booked.

A good travel agent can help you find a cabin.

Does a cot count as a third passenger? Sorry that may seem like a daft question, I just presumed if a balcony cabin is exactly the same footprint then what's the difference?

19 minutes ago, amurray88 said:

It does say sleeps ,2... I maybe wrongfully thought that just meant it didn't have Pullman beds. 

If it states 2, it can't be more than 2. Even though the baby won't sleep in a bed, it's still a person who must be accounted for especially for lifeboat capacity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It is possible to book a cabin with a third passenger (e.g. baby) although it's a cabin for two. But you need to request that via your TA or directly with MSC. They have a form for that, I can only give you the link to the german version, but this will be available in other languages, too. Normally the request will be approved (as long as there is lifeboat-capacity).

Officially the third person has to sleep in the parent´s bed, but they will will provide a cot in the cabin.

https://www.mscbook.com/pages/sdl/img/MSC_CRUISES_UEBERBELEGUNG_41816.pdf

6 hours ago, Two Wheels Only said:

If it states 2, it can't be more than 2. Even though the baby won't sleep in a bed, it's still a person who must be accounted for especially for lifeboat capacity.

No, it is possible! Even with kids over 2 years old. I recommend @amurray88 to book directly with the MSC hotline.