Cruising Through The Gibraltar Straight

TAMUAggieMike

On my September Pride cruise from Dover to Rome, the afternoon before sailing through the Strait of Gibraltar, the cruise director made a ship-wide announcement that the expected time would be midnight.  I slept through it. 😟

Our trip through the Gibraltar Strait (which wasn't nearly as narrow as my creative imagination envisioned) was in daylight - and there were lots of people gathered on the deck.  I was able to wave at Morocco (possibly the closest I will ever get to visiting Africa) and also the British territory of Gibraltar. It was an especially nice Fun Day at Sea.

35 minutes ago, Out of Iowa said:

Our trip through the Gibraltar Strait (which wasn't nearly as narrow as my creative imagination envisioned) was in daylight - and there were lots of people gathered on the deck.  I was able to wave at Morocco (possibly the closest I will ever get to visiting Africa) and also the British territory of Gibraltar. It was an especially nice Fun Day at Sea.

You have to go to Africa at least once in your life. Everyone should. Save up some $ for a few years and go. Egypt is always a fan favorite. But Morocco is absolutely phenomenal. Also, a Kenyan safari at the Keekorok Lodge in the Maasai Mara is my absolute personal favorite of all time. Those are true "bucket list" places that everyone should visit before they are 6 feet under.