NCL Caribbean September 2024?

Tinkers70

I don’t think there will be any more Caribbean sailings, the schedule is pretty set. It is possible they could cancel things and rearrange ships. NCL has been keeping their ships Alaska and Europe later and then taking a long time doing repositioning cruises before starting their winter Caribbean season. For example I am taking the Breakaway and it is taking her 30 days split over 2 cruises to switch between her summer cruises in the Med to NOLA for Caribbean cruises. They also have a lot of New England/Atlantic Canada sailings in the fall.

Most of the repositioning this year are in late fall-the one I am starts at the end of November- I think next year is similar. I don’t know what you are looking for, itinerary wise, but some of the Panama canal cruises hit a lot of different places in the Caribbean but don’t show up in that search I believe. 

• 2 months later...

It's not just the Caribbean that's off the list.  Asia & Med are very sparse, with almost duplicated ports, where are the Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia, and Dubai areas etc cruises?  Lots of places that are not affected by Caribbean hurricanes. Surely NCL cannot survive if they are not offering any cruises until September, and even then not a great variety is being advertised??

7 hours ago, annechad said:

Surely NCL cannot survive if they are not offering any cruises until September, and even then not a great variety is being advertised??

Can't survive?  Do you think that they just have the ships docked and running on idle?

• Haha 1

Sept & Oct are prime months for "Fall season" cruises to NE England and Canada.

Cruises from NYC/Boston go to Bermuda weekly from April to Nov but they take a few weeks break in late Sept/Oct to go to NE England & Canada.

One year we went on a Caribbean cruise in late Aug/early Sept and it was so damn hot that we vowed never to do any Caribbean cruises during the summer months.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2023 at 4:23 PM, FLAHAM said:

Prime hurricane season.  Not cold enough in most of U.S. to tempt many to take Caribbean vacation.

Doesn't stop Carnival from routinely sending full ships to the Caribbean.

11 minutes ago, bluesea777 said:

One year we went on a Caribbean cruise in late Aug/early Sept and it was so damn hot that we vowed never to do any Caribbean cruises during the summer months.

This.  Folks who are unfortunate to live in cold climates often just can't get their heads around the fact that HOT does not equal "good."

31 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This.  Folks who are unfortunate to live in cold climates often just can't get their heads around the fact that HOT does not equal "good."

Yeppers, and we live in Bermuda!! 

The Caribbean ports that NCL cruise to are about 10 deg F hotter than Bermuda in the summer months. Also most of the USA are already warm/hot during the summer months too. 

That’s why cruising to the Caribbean is less appealing than to Bermuda & the Maritimes. 

Caribbean go 10 deg F lower during the winter months so that’s why the winter Caribbean cruising is more popular! 15-20 deg F lower than Bermuda (in winter) so that’s why we’d rather go to Caribbean in the winter time than in the summer.

It was the Epic’s inaugural Caribbean in 2010 and that happened during the summer months. 

• Like 1