Premier Unlimited Casual Dining Experiences

New2cruise2022

I’ve read some great reports about people being able to use this perk. With premier and casual dining being unlimited, it seems there would be less “pressure” to get your money’s worth by ordering the full prefixe meal. Has anyone with premier found that they do this?

With it being unlimited, so you ever stop by for just that one thing you want?

I could see how ocean terrace might be nice for just a roll and edemame, or just a dessert at Gigis, or fries at the gastropub?

and specifically, are there any dishes that are great for trying to stop by and enjoy daily?

On 11/1/2023 at 9:21 PM, Steelers36 said:

You can just order what you want.  No need to waste unwanted items.  Several folks with Premier have reported doing this on the ships.

Do you know what ship this was on? Will be on Discovery this coming Feb. and wondering if this might vary from ship to ship. Assuming the waiter know we are Premier with our medallion?

On 11/1/2023 at 8:49 PM, New2cruise2022 said:

I’ve read some great reports about people being able to use this perk. With premier and casual dining being unlimited, it seems there would be less “pressure” to get your money’s worth by ordering the full prefixe meal. Has anyone with premier found that they do this?

With it being unlimited, so you ever stop by for just that one thing you want?

I could see how ocean terrace might be nice for just a roll and edemame, or just a dessert at Gigis, or fries at the gastropub?

and specifically, are there any dishes that are great for trying to stop by and enjoy daily?

Was going to ask the same thing, but good thing i learn how to search for things 🙂 ... my screen name should be New2cruise2024, LOL

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dream54ing said:

Do you know what ship this was on? Will be on Discovery this coming Feb. and wondering if this might vary from ship to ship. Assuming the waiter know we are Premier with our medallion?

Not particularly.  But it doesn't matter.  Guest with Premier package can order a 3-course meal valued to $15 per visit with unlimited visits.  It doesn't matter if you don't want to eat all 3-courses.  We are all entitled to lots of courses at dinner in MDR and we are not obligated to order them all.  Yes, all crew will know what package you are on once they get a read from your Medallion.  

You could order two apps and a dessert I am quite sure - because that value is under $15.  You might even be able to order two mains and nothing else at some locations.  Technically, it is one of each, but you don't have to order three courses.  It's only logical and alternative just wastes food.  All ships are the same, except the CD options do vary by ship.  Princess.com had information on which CD restaurants are on which ships.  Look under Food and Dining pages.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

Not particularly.  But it doesn't matter.  Guest with Premier package can order a 3-course meal valued to $15 per visit with unlimited visits.  It doesn't matter if you don't want to eat all 3-courses.  We are all entitled to lots of courses at dinner in MDR and we are not obligated to order them all.  Yes, all crew will know what package you are on once they get a read from your Medallion.  

You could order two apps and a dessert I am quite sure - because that value is under $15.  You might even be able to order two mains and nothing else at some locations.  Technically, it is one of each, but you don't have to order three courses.  It's only logical and alternative just wastes food.  All ships are the same, except the CD options do vary by ship.  Princess.com had information on which CD restaurants are on which ships.  Look under Food and Dining pages.

Thanks for the explanation, makes total sense

We were just on the Discovery with the premier package and we could order exactly what we wanted at any of the casual dining venues.  
Oftentimes, we would order less than what was on the price fixed menu but one time, we ordered one extra small plate and no dessert.  It all worked out because they knew we didn’t order and proceed to waste food.  

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We were just on the Discovery with the premier package and we could order exactly what we wanted at any of the casual dining venues.  
Oftentimes, we would order less than what was on the price fixed menu but one time, we ordered one extra small plate and no dessert.  It all worked out because they knew we didn’t order and proceed to waste food.  

awesome, good to know!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In some venues there are no options such as Vines. The charcuterie plate there is easily enough for 2

• Like 2