Code Oscar - apparently, M.O.B. on the Norwegian Pearl early Friday morning - NBC 6 South Florida news

mking8288

FYI only - per USCG, search was underway for a 41 years old male (passenger) as the Pearl was en route back to Miami near Bahamas ... during "Headbangers Boat" Halloween 4 day cruise.  Was a full private charter

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/search-underway-for-man-who-went-overboard-on-miami-bound-norwegian-cruise-ship/3150690/

https://metalinjection.net/news/a-man-fell-overboard-on-the-headbangers-boat-cruise

From another source - "My son is on this Headbangers Boat tour, and this morning security was chasing a guy, and he jumped from a higher deck towards the back of the boat, and went overboard".

Edited by mking8288

• mking8288 changed the title to Code Oscar - apparently, M.O.B. on the Norwegian Pearl early Friday morning - NBC 6 South Florida news

I was on the Megacruise on the Jewel back in 2019 and it was great fun.

Sadly this was a terrible thing to happen during the Headbangers Boat Cruise.

Friends of mine play in some of the bands and are also roadcrew and wives/partners and they told me the following:

They  were in the Bahamas. The man who fell overboard had a girlfriend and a best friend apparently on board. Supposedly he got into a fight with the girlfriend and jumped over. No-one knows sure if it was intentional  or he was trying to jump to the deck below.

They searched from about four in the morning until 1pm  the next day but sadly did not find him.

Terrible situation and so sad