Saint Greg's Regal Princess - Live - November 12, 2023

Saint Greg

10 hours ago, beshears said:

Caribill, thank you for your input too, in regard to the Champagne fountain. You mentioned it seemed to go along with the Captain's welcoming everyone aboard the ship, which gives me an idea to LOOK for when this is going to happen. Do you remember if it was early evening around 6:00PM or later?  Just curious, as I don't want to miss it after doing it 23 years ago.

5:45

Someone asked about water shuttle times yesterday. I can’t find it. But what happened there was all of the Princess excursions where being loaded 7:35 when I came down.

IMG_6638.thumb.jpeg.90e2c5b244b5e0f0759d53259b309e04.jpeg

I asked about getting a number for a public shuttle and was told to the photo place. Whatever they call pixels here. At the photo place they told me demand wasn’t high enough. Just wait in the piazza (atrium) for an announcement.

When I got down there I saw a water shuttle sign and people lined up. I asked if it was the water shuttle line. They said yes. I got in line 8:03. After breakfast. With coffee.

IMG_6641.thumb.jpeg.1c96d5eb9652eb6d7c383bf8beea3563.jpeg

IMG_6642.thumb.jpeg.ab74616a1d3ff82b2c372aa9258eee69.jpeg

we started boarding at 8:10

IMG_6643.thumb.jpeg.b3fbcef0e5dcf08856cfc5183b428ba1.jpeg

Our shuttle left at 8:26.

IMG_6651.thumb.jpeg.9941dcb75e66f2b6ade778341d8184d1.jpeg

I was off the shuttle at 8:50.

On the way back I got in line at 3:16.

got on the boat at 3:40

Got off the boat at 4:40

• Like 9

Pretty laid back day today. I’m going to have a leisurely breakfast and coffee. Then get off the ship for a swim and a couple beers. Come back for lunch at fredos. Then decide if I want to go back off or stay on. Dinner tonight at chefs table.

• Like 14

Just in in time for me not to be able to use it.

Ahoy there, cruiser! We appreciate your steadfast support and as a token of our gratitude, we're thrilled to offer you an exclusive deal! Simply enter the promo code "Thanks10" when reserving your parking spot and enjoy an instant $10 off with EZ Cruise Parking. That's right, you heard correctly, $10 off! This offer is valid for any sail date, but hurry, it expires on November 30th 2023! So weigh, anchor, and click that button below to book your spot and save big!

• Like 1
  • Haha 16

11 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_6936.thumb.jpeg.c2b874adcfb16b06d76ca405e0bfea13.jpeg

IMG_6937.thumb.jpeg.77d26a06e9dab9219f4f1a0948098361.jpeg

IMG_6938.thumb.jpeg.fbc96b8452d450024c92d4b97674a535.jpeg

Nine minutes

IMG_6939.thumb.jpeg.704c8585a8ab93fcc18879dcd218f493.jpeg

I've never tried ordering more than two with the app, but 100% found that even after going over the 15, the app still allowed me to order using the package. That wasn't the case at the bar as the bartender could see the number reached - I don't think the app was smart enough to know that at 15 it is meant to cut you off. Worth a shot - maybe they closed the loophole now, but in September it worked!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I’m cutting it close to the end of breakfast so I’m holding good coffee until afterwards.

I should’ve gone it the left side. There’s always either a line here or they send me to the left side when I tell them I want my own table.

IMG_7003.thumb.jpeg.caf29beac4690fc43585dafbe65e9728.jpeg

IMG_7004.thumb.jpeg.9fee4d5c9237ef284d44ab6e897065d6.jpeg

• Like 8

I feel like the app is not user friendly…things are buried. There’s a lot of scrolling and oh by the way if you accidentally touch something the wrong way while scrolling, it loads that page. Happens to me all the time. If you use your right thumb to scroll, it’s going to happen a lot. I’m sitting here for 10 mins trying to figure out what bar is open now. I always have to revert to my paper schedule I took a picture of.

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 7

A little annoyance with the medallion is if you have a bartender that doesn’t know you, they ask your room number. I don’t have to worry about that most places because they know me now. The first day or two it was everywhere. And mine is on B (Baja deck) so I say b. And it’s quite frequently E? No B. D? No B Baja.

But we don’t have to have a medallion to tell them my room number every place. 

Edited by Saint Greg
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

IMG_7016.jpeg

The Outriggers Bar is always my go-to for an early a.m. mimosa with breakfast (or in my husband's case, a shot of Bailey's for his coffee).  But if you're not going to the buffet, Good Spirits is definitely an easier option. 

You've probably already figured out that Princess Live Cafe also has the butter pecan latte and line is usually shorter.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

A little annoyance with the medallion is if you have a bartender that doesn’t know you, they ask your room number. I don’t have to worry about that most places because they know me now. The first day or two it was everywhere. And mine is on B (Baja deck) so I say b. And it’s quite frequently E? No B. D? No B Baja.

But we don’t have to have a medallion to tell them my room number every place. 

I think this happens when the bar is very busy. They either have a hard time seeing your picture on their tablet or don’t want to take the time to look. They then just ask for your cabin #. 
That’s one problem with the medallion. Just keep checking your account for errors. 

• Like 5

Just now, tonit964 said:

I think this happens when the bar is very busy. They either have a hard time seeing your picture on their tablet or don’t want to take the time to look. They then just ask for your cabin #. 
That’s one problem with the medallion. Just keep checking your account for errors. 

Well it just happened this morning and there were two of us at the bar.

• Like 5