Change Specialty Dining Time Once Onboard?

Miss Studio

I'd like to book Specialty Dining on my upcoming Silhouette cruise.  The times that the website are offering me are too late.  We live in the EST zone, and the only options being offered are 9:30 for most nights.  If I book the 9:30 time slot (especially on night one, when a "first night" discount is being offered)--can I change the time to something earlier, once we are onboard?  Thanks, as always, to everyone that offers advice!  First time on Celebrity, but long time Royal Cruisers.  It's been fun to learn all about this new Line, and we are very excited to experience "X"!

3 hours ago, Miss Studio said:

I'd like to book Specialty Dining on my upcoming Silhouette cruise.  The times that the website are offering me are too late.  We live in the EST zone, and the only options being offered are 9:30 for most nights.  If I book the 9:30 time slot (especially on night one, when a "first night" discount is being offered)--can I change the time to something earlier, once we are onboard?  Thanks, as always, to everyone that offers advice!  First time on Celebrity, but long time Royal Cruisers.  It's been fun to learn all about this new Line, and we are very excited to experience "X"!

You can change if it is available.  I think they hold some extras for the suite passengers to book once they get on board.  If you can't get it the first day, you can try everyday to see if there are any cancellation.  Celebrity has way more early diners than late diners and the earlier times book up sometimes months in advance. 

You will want to head straight to the specialty restaurant as soon as you board the ship to talk to someone there about getting your reservation time changed to something more to your liking. There likely will be a small line of people doing the same thing as you. 

Since the 1st night discount is a bigger discount than other nights you would have to change to a time also on the 1st night.   If you wanted to switch the booking to another night you would most likely be charged the higher price.

18 hours ago, Miss Studio said:

can I change the time to something earlier, once we are onboard?  Thanks, as always, to everyone that offers advice!  

Threads re Specialty restaurant reservations come up all the time on CC, with varying opinions, suggestions, and accusations of bribery.

Our best advice came from a few ( 2 ) Maitre'ds several years ago:

Here's how it was explained -----It's a " System ". 

( Keep in mind they work for tips ).

Go to the restaurant as soon as you board---

Ask the Maitre'd about changing your time.

Know that they hold back some prime times for suite passengers.

If the Maitre'd tells you there is no space at the time you want, then asks for your cabin number " in case a slot comes open "--- there's your clue.

Tell him " Excellent ,hope you can help us out "--

Before you know it, ring, ring -- " Good news -- we had a cancellation and can accommodate you etc, etc".

Show up, say " Thank You $$ " and enjoy your meal.

If you want to go back again you won't have a problem getting a good time.

To me, that's not a bribe and well worth a few extra $$ on the cost of the cruise.

( Better than spending $20 on some crap t shirts, spices, knock-off perfume, or " another " I LOVE ARUBA beach towel ).

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Miss Studio said:

I have not had a problem changing the time if I am holding a reservation if I went directly to the Specialty Restaurant.    And I did not have to offer any $$$ nor would I.  

16 hours ago, keesar said:

And I did not have to offer any $$$ nor would I.

Kindly re-read post 6 -- ( No disrespect intended ).

Never said anything about " offering "----as in, ahead of time.

Did mention " Thank You $$ " when someone ( Maitre'd ) who relies on tips , helps get a reservation. 

Whatever, that's how it works where I come from.

Off Topic:

Tipping, in general , is way over the top-- 

Go to a restaurant, get served (??), ooops, a 23 yr old takes your order , carries a plate to you , then when you are ready to pay, stands there with a machine set up to add a tip ( 18,20,25 % ).

Totally nuts !!