Boarding seperatly, doing a b2b, sister is doing a SBS

hockeyluver

My sister is concerned they wont be able to board the ship.  We are doing a journey cruise in January.  Me and my brother in law in one cabin,  my hubby and sister in another.   We are doing the 2 day before on the same ship (b2b),   they are doing a 7 day on a different ship (SBS).  I told her I would ask here to get your insite on this.  I told her as long as they have thier bording pass they will be fine.   She is worried because we will already be on board.

Thanks for your help! 

1 hour ago, hockeyluver said:

My sister is concerned they wont be able to board the ship.  We are doing a journey cruise in January.  Me and my brother in law in one cabin,  my hubby and sister in another.   We are doing the 2 day before on the same ship (b2b),   they are doing a 7 day on a different ship (SBS).  I told her I would ask here to get your insite on this.  I told her as long as they have thier bording pass they will be fine.   She is worried because we will already be on board.

Thanks for your help! 

To calm her worries, meet up at the terminal based on whoever has the latest check in time and check in together. Make sure all have boarding passes

2 minutes ago, Dwright826 said:

What's sbs

I'm sure they meant S2S = Side-2-Side. It's 2 trips on different ships with turn around on the same day.

@hockeyluver  

I'm not sure why your SIL thinks they would not be allowed to board. 

Are they arriving back from their other cruise to a terminal in another city, or some other reason she concerned they won't have time to transfer over to your ship, before boarding closes?

There are lots of message strings on here about people arriving separately. Folks cruise together that travel from different locations and meet up on the ship all the time.  I think you just need to tell check in clerk that they are arriving separately to join you on the ship. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, skrufy said:

To calm her worries, meet up at the terminal based on whoever has the latest check in time and check in together. Make sure all have boarding passes

We will already be on the ship, our b2b is the same ship.

49 minutes ago, ARcruisin2 said:

I'm sure they meant S2S = Side-2-Side. It's 2 trips on different ships with turn around on the same day.

@hockeyluver  

I'm not sure why your SIL thinks they would not be allowed to board. 

Are they arriving back from their other cruise to a terminal in another city, or some other reason she concerned they won't have time to transfer over to your ship, before boarding closes?

There are lots of message strings on here about people arriving separately. Folks cruise together that travel from different locations and meet up on the ship all the time.  I think you just need to tell check in clerk that they are arriving separately to join you on the ship. 

I have already told her that a few times,  she will be at the same port so they just need to walk over to the right terminal.   We will already be on the ship since we are doing a B2B.   

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, hockeyluver said:

I have already told her that a few times,  she will be at the same port so they just need to walk over to the right terminal.   We will already be on the ship since we are doing a B2B.   

After you check back in you can then leave the ship. Go meet her when she arrives.

• Like 1

Assuming she has a separate booking number there should not be a problem   You will have to debark to zero the ship and do not need a boarding time, just the transit pass they will give you in case you want to stay ashore and wait for her.  
I gather you and hubby are sharing a cabin on the first leg, and split for booking perks on the Journey part.  This might be a bit confusing to guest services, but it can be done…EM

• Like 1