Few questions about Explorer…Love some answers!

zanydoc

Hello!  We haven’t been on Explorer for a hot minute and just booked for the Christmas cruise.

1)  How is she looking these days?

2)  Which terminal can we find her in Miami?

3)  Is there still a diamond lounge? 

4)  What shows are going on currently and are reservations necessary?

5) Are they enforcing the “health check” times?

Thanks! 

Reservations not required for older ships. Diamond lounge location is the same, it's been renamed crown lounge. Rcl said no worries nothing is changing ... ooops. Well turns out some cruises have changes if top heavy loyalty. I've never had health check times enforced. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zanydoc said:

She was great on our summer Greek Isles cruise, we had no complaints at all apart from the Wi Fi which was hit and miss but not a massive problem.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, neverbeenhere said:

When the only ship in town the Explorer would be at Terminal A. When THE BIG BOYS are in town, it should be at Terminal G. When similar sized ships are in town?????

Where can I find out this info? 

24 minutes ago, zanydoc said:

Where can I find out this info? 

There are several sites online where you can find this information. If you mean do they enforce  check-in times, it depends. In September when I cruised on Freedom they were not checking times. However, the following Monday I did another 4 day cruise on Freedom and they were strictly enforcing check-in times. Over the past few years I have cruised on RCI roughly 30 times from various ports in Florida. I have seen them enforce check-in times to not even looking at check-in times at every port I have cruised from during this time. 

On 11/6/2023 at 4:34 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Miami port schedule is available on the big search engine that's close to being named after a number equal to 10 to the power of 100.

Lol! I love me a good math mystery!

On 11/6/2023 at 2:35 PM, zanydoc said:

Hello!  We haven’t been on Explorer for a hot minute and just booked for the Christmas cruise.

2)  Which terminal can we find her in Miami?

3)  Is there still a diamond lounge? 

4)  What shows are going on currently and are reservations necessary?

5) Are they enforcing the “health check” times?

Thanks! 

On 11/6/2023 at 5:34 PM, neverbeenhere said:

Miami port schedule is available on the big search engine that's close to being named after a number equal to 10 to the power of 100.

Explorer of the Seas is scheduled for terminal G on 12/24/2023.

I have never seen a port schedule on a search engine site. I usually find them on the individual port sites.😈

6 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Explorer of the Seas is scheduled for terminal G on 12/24/2023.

I have never seen a port schedule on a search engine site. I usually find them on the individual port sites.😈

Thank you so much for this extremely useful info RedIguana!

Just got off the 13 day transatlantic brining her back to Miami.

- Ship is in excellent shape.  While RCCL cancelled the $110 “amping,” I actually preferred this version - which added some of the “amped” benefits like the water slides.  That said, the lion’s share of passengers were well into their 60s+, so there was plenty of loungers, space in the pool, no waits for activities, etc.

- We arrived into A.

- Yes, although the benefits booklet we received noted that the majority of passengers were at least Diamond so it would be closed for this specific cruise.

- they did two production shows over 13 days.  One was about dancing, the other about music in Chicago, NYC, Las Vegas and Miami during the swinging days.  Sorry can’t remember the titles.

- no, just gotta complete the health questionnaire within 48 hours of your cruise. 

• Like 1