Pride of America B2B and other questions

Anoynmous Phoenix

I assume that doing B2B on the Pride will be uncommon but does anyone know if a "clean ship" is required in Honolulu as is required in other US ports?   If it is; what is the situation like there?

Does the Pride do the following?

Dining with Officers?

Latitudes Cocktail Party?

Free Ship Tour?

Wines Round the World?

A ship, back to ship, island tour for B2B passengers?

Thanks

Anoynmous Phoenix

In mainland American ports the ship has to be cleared of ALL passengers, including those doing a B2B. before anyone is allowed to board, it is often referred to as requiring a "clean ship".

We were on one where a couple were "hiding" as, being B2B, they assumed they would not have to get off.   It took an extra hour to clean the ship and get it ready for embarkation.

6 hours ago, Anoynmous Phoenix said:

Does the Pride do the following?

Dining with Officers?

Latitudes Cocktail Party?

Free Ship Tour?

They have all these listed on the dailies from when I went a month ago (they're on my live if you want to download them). Not sure if the ship tour was free or not tho. 

I saw several wine tasting opportunities but didn't pay attention to what was offered when after discerning we'd be off ship during those times. 

5 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

I've never heard it referred to as a "clean ship", but as a "zero count".  But, since there is no customs and immigration, no there is no need for a zero count.

That makes sense! 

I always figured it had something to do with a stowaway in search of a free cruise issue. Or a make sure everyone made it back alive thing (no unregistered man overboard). Hadn't considered an immigration concern. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They do all of those things.  The only thing that fit our schedule was the Lat party.  We arrived less than 15 minutes late and it was already over.  I actually love the back to back idea bc there were many things I wanted to do both on and off the ship that there just wasn't enough time for.

On 11/9/2023 at 5:03 AM, chengkp75 said:

I've never heard it referred to as a "clean ship", but as a "zero count".  But, since there is no customs and immigration, no there is no need for a zero count.

I think there would be a zero count required. Each cruise has its own accounting of money and people.

My advice to OP is to discuss on check 8n, and also with customer service on first day.

If they have booked the same room,  it is logical that they could leave belongings in room while they meet the zero requirement.

At that point, they would simply disembark, than recheck in.

Room key may not be usable for both cruises.

1 hour ago, Panhandle Couple said:

I think there would be a zero count required. Each cruise has its own accounting of money and people.

My advice to OP is to discuss on check 8n, and also with customer service on first day.

If they have booked the same room,  it is logical that they could leave belongings in room while they meet the zero requirement.

At that point, they would simply disembark, than recheck in.

Room key may not be usable for both cruises.

No...no zero count is required. The only B2B's where we have had to temporarily disembark so the ship could reach a zero count were in US ports where USCBP required it. It could also happen in another country if their immigration procedures required it.

We didn't even have to disembark in one US turnaround port on a B2B because the previous port call was the first port in the US and everyone cleared immigration there, so nothing had to be done at the turnaround. Since the POA is a totally US domestic cruise there are no immigration requirements or procedures at any point.

There are no issues of accounting of money or people. 

Guest services will provide procedural instructions during the cruise, including whether a new  room key is required. No need to bother them on check in day when they're busy attending to other issues.

Passengers sailing in the same cabin don't have to touch their belongings. The cabin will simply undergo a little deeper cleaning than on an ordinary day.

• Thanks 1

On 1/28/2024 at 8:51 AM, njhorseman said:

No...no zero count is required. The only B2B's where we have had to temporarily disembark so the ship could reach a zero count were in US ports where USCBP required it. It could also happen in another country if their immigration procedures required it.

We didn't even have to disembark in one US turnaround port on a B2B because the previous port call was the first port in the US and everyone cleared immigration there, so nothing had to be done at the turnaround. Since the POA is a totally US domestic cruise there are no immigration requirements or procedures at any point.

There are no issues of accounting of money or people. 

Guest services will provide procedural instructions during the cruise, including whether a new  room key is required. No need to bother them on check in day when they're busy attending to other issues.

Passengers sailing in the same cabin don't have to touch their belongings. The cabin will simply undergo a little deeper cleaning than on an ordinary day.

So what I'm hearing is....

If I board a cruise that debarks at a port where USCBP doesn't require a zero count, I could totally stow away and go on another cruise?

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, carohs said:

So what I'm hearing is....

If I board a cruise that debarks at a port where USCBP doesn't require a zero count, I could totally stow away and go on another cruise?

No. Ship security will know you haven't left and you will be located and kicked to the curb.

• Haha 1