Live from the Horizon 11/11/23 southern Caribbean

jimbo5544

On the ship now and it seems like kids 12 and up are allowed in the Havana pool area now. There was a time that it was adults only. I found an old JH post from 2016 that said kids were allowed in the staterooms but not the pool area until after 5. I’ve not found anything more specific than that.

So I guess time will tell. Today is embarkation day.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, five. said:

On the ship now and it seems like kids 12 and up are allowed in the Havana pool area now. There was a time that it was adults only. I found an old JH post from 2016 that said kids were allowed in the staterooms but not the pool area until after 5. I’ve not found anything more specific than that.

So I guess time will tell. Today is embarkation day.

Enjoy your cruise.  There was a time that the area was open in the evenings to all, but that was stopped.  You have to be 12 or older to stay in a Havana cabin and use the area.  We have stayed in Havana cabins on 8 cruises and never saw anyone younger than 30’s. 

• Like 1

On 11/26/2023 at 5:13 AM, jimbo5544 said:

Enjoy your cruise.  There was a time that the area was open in the evenings to all, but that was stopped.  You have to be 12 or older to stay in a Havana cabin and use the area.  We have stayed in Havana cabins on 8 cruises and never saw anyone younger than 30’s. 

We had my daughter(14) and son(17) on the same cruise as you.  Did you have a creaking noise on the cabana?  We did almost every night and everyone in our group had the same issue.  We had the 4 cabanas in front of the suites and 2 after the suites on the starboard side.

8 hours ago, vwrestler171 said:

We had my daughter(14) and son(17) on the same cruise as you.  Did you have a creaking noise on the cabana?  We did almost every night and everyone in our group had the same issue.  We had the 4 cabanas in front of the suites and 2 after the suites on the starboard side.

Not from ours, but def heard it from our neighbors.  We had similar cabins on the other side (and a couple on your side.  Sure it was the windy conditions.  The cabin next to us, made a couple of calls and they sent someone down to look at door, but to no avail.  To be honest, it did not bother us,

• Thanks 1