Move Up bid has said "pending" for almost a week for Dec. 1 cruise

KKB

I've had both happen.   Celebrity will continue to try to sell rooms until the last minute.   If someone pays for the upgrade as oppose to bidding they will get the room.  

I have alerts set on my phone and usually the first clue I had that I won is when the credit card is charged.   It may take a couple hours before I get the notification.

I have also had   a bid show pending and other expired and then at last minute advised I had not won.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

you still have a chance when it is pending all the way up to 48 hours before departure.   if it is expired, or rejected usually it is because you would have no chance so they are being fair and telling you, probably hoping you will do upgraded bids if offered.

• Thanks 1

Hi there! I’m also on a Dec 1st cruise on the Beyond. Three of my bids went expired with one locked on pending on Friday. Many say it can be a good sign but there’s really no guarantee until we (hopefully!) get that approval email. 

28 minutes ago, danakane said:

Hi there! I’m also on a Dec 1st cruise on the Beyond. Three of my bids went expired with one locked on pending on Friday. Many say it can be a good sign but there’s really no guarantee until we (hopefully!) get that approval email. 

How do you check the status of your bid?  EDIT:  I figured it out.

I have 2 offers pending and our cruise is Nov. 26.  Both offers show "strong" on the meter but there are no rooms in either categories showing as available...so I'm not counting on either offer being accepted.

Edited by Georgia_Peaches

1 hour ago, KKB said:

All but one say "expired" & it says "pending"

I assume this means we got the bid for that room, but does it usually take this long to go through?

I hope you get the room...but you probably won't know for sure up until 48 hours before departure...as I read it on the bidding site.  Good luck!!

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Woody14 said:

you still have a chance when it is pending all the way up to 48 hours before departure.   if it is expired, or rejected usually it is because you would have no chance so they are being fair and telling you, probably hoping you will do upgraded bids if offered.

Completely unable to do another bid; when I go to my reservation & click on the Upgrade box, nothing.

1 minute ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Do you happen to have the original e-mail sent to you Re. bidding?  That's how I placed my bid as it never did show in my cruise planner.

Yep, when I click on it, they all say expired, greyed out, except the one that says pending (also greyed out). 

49 minutes ago, KKB said:

Completely unable to do another bid; when I go to my reservation & click on the Upgrade box, nothing.

This happened to me a week before I got the upgrade. It was locked and could not be modified and showed pending until I got charged and then eventually and email.  When it was locked, it also showed that upgrades were no longer available for the sailing (which is in 3 weeks).  But I understand many others are still pending.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, AMediator said:

This happened to me a week before I got the upgrade. It was locked and could not be modified and showed pending until I got charged and then eventually and email.  When it was locked, it also showed that upgrades were no longer available for the sailing (which is in 3 weeks).  But I understand many others are still pending.  

Potential good news for the OP!!

• Like 1