Back to Back cruises on different ships on same day?

MiddleagedM

We are taking a Transatlantic cruise next summer from NY to Southampton.  We then have to switch to another Princess ship departing the same day from Southampton for the 2nd leg of our journey.   Has anyone experienced this before and what is the easiest (and least expensive) way to get ourselves and our luggage to the next ship?

Thanks,

Mike

I have been to Southampton a number times with Princess. We have docked at Mayflower pier, and one time we docked at the QE2 pier which is quite a distance from the Mayflower and other adjacent piers. To get more accurate advice I think you would have to know the pier assignments. I searched on line and found pier assignments for the next few months. I think when it gets closer you can find the assignments, and determine the best transport arrangement between ships. Some of the piers are right next to each other and you could just walk.

Someone in the UK could chime in with additional information.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MiddleagedM said:

We are taking a Transatlantic cruise next summer from NY to Southampton.  We then have to switch to another Princess ship departing the same day from Southampton for the 2nd leg of our journey.   Has anyone experienced this before and what is the easiest (and least expensive) way to get ourselves and our luggage to the next ship?

Thanks,

Mike

You might post this question on the British Isles Forum.  They are very helpful.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/148-british-isleswestern-europe/

We did this a few years ago in Southhampton.  We were a small group of 3 couples who connected via our roll call in advance and met up on the first ship.  The dock for our 2nd ship was a mile or 2 away.  Not really walkable as I recall.  We asked the Captains Circle host on the first voyage if we could stay on the ship as late as possible.  She made the arrangements, and we were finally asked to leave about 11:30 am.  We then took taxis over to the nest ship.  The drivers did not have a problem with the short transport.  We had even asked if Princess would provide the transport but were politely told no.  Overall a very easy process.

• Like 1