Time to leave luggage in the hallway the night before disembarking

zitsky

33 minutes ago, phoenix_dream said:

Exactly!  I think it's very inconsiderate to be putting luggage out at midnight.  If you can't get it out by the required time or there abouts, then do walk-off.  Or keep just one suitcase inside and walk that one off - maybe even a tote bag.  

I get your point.  This is one of those things where you ask what the rule is and get different answers.  I always leave a $20 on top of my suitcase when I leave it out at midnight.  🥸

It’s tricky juggling what should stay with you for walk off and what goes in the hallway.  I like the idea of wearing the same clothes the next day.  Maybe changing your shirt / blouse.

• Haha 1

I have learned to sleep in the bath robes the last night onboard that way I can pack all my dirty clothes and only leave out what I am wearing off the ship the next day.  Just need to make sure I wake up and get showered and dressed before they come kick me out of the room. 

15 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

I have learned to sleep in the bath robes the last night onboard that way I can pack all my dirty clothes and only leave out what I am wearing off the ship the next day.  Just need to make sure I wake up and get showered and dressed before they come kick me out of the room. 

Don’t you get strange looks wearing a bathrobe to the airport?  🙂

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, zitsky said:

Will the crew on the ship tell the flight attendants at the airport that I’m wearing the same clothing the next day?  I would hate for them to laugh at me and point fingers.  😭

Only if your wearing your PJ's.

• Haha 2

This is now a very different situation to before Covid

Out attendant told us that he now has to handle all the luggage for the 15 staterooms that he has responsibility. 

So how difficult do you want to make his job. Also remember leave your stateroom in the morning is now 7.30AM . There are no longer enough crew to have the ship ready for early boarding. On our last cruise the ship did not start boarding until 11.45AM and guests with late check-in times were being told to go to the end of the line. If you are in a suite then board at any time.

We were in a Sunset Verandah Suite were out attendant only had one suite.

So many different stories - now  it seems luck plays a part with embarkation and dis-embarkation experiences. You arrive early and board quickly or have to wait a long time and you could find your bags outside your stateroom in the morning.

3 hours ago, zitsky said:

Don’t you get strange looks wearing a bathrobe to the airport?  🙂

Fortunately, that has not happened yet.  My DW is very concientious about making sure I have the proper outfit to wear when leaving the ship.  However, I can assure you that being able to sleep while wearing one of those robes is not something that was not something that came easily.  

14 hours ago, mahdnc said:

If you forget to set anything aside while packing, you are also likely to be wearing the clothing that you will be walking off the ship with!

There was that time my son accidentally packed his shoes. He was too embarrassed to go to breakfast, but by the time we got to the airport, he was happy making a fashion statement.

IMG_4919.thumb.jpeg.d3a4c402ea2e63e52f2d63f79ba4c27c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

39 minutes ago, cyntil8ing said:

There was that time my son accidentally packed his shoes. He was too embarrassed to go to breakfast, but by the time we got to the airport, he was happy making a fashion statement.

IMG_4919.thumb.jpeg.d3a4c402ea2e63e52f2d63f79ba4c27c.jpeg

Lol. Makes getting through airport security a tad easier. But if you have to run to catch a flight….