Crown Princess Kids Pool?

SuzieQ521

Hello: 

I read that Crown Princess has a wading-type pool (maybe 1 foot or so deep) on the same deck as the kids club but I am unable to locate any photos.

I just wanted to make sure it is truly shallow where my son can walk through it, so I won't have to bring any floatation devices.

(It's for our Thanksgiving cruise coming up and it appears that the Ensenada weather will be close to 80 degrees so I assume it would be fine to use it that day).

Thanks!

Edited by SuzieQ521

There's a diagram on the Princess website that shows a splash pool on deck 17 of the Crown Princess, right beside the Teen Club.

The Caribbean Princess use to have one also that my kids used, which was great but I think with the renovation of that area, the splash pool was removed. 

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, akeasley said:

There's a diagram on the Princess website that shows a splash pool on deck 17 of the Crown Princess, right beside the Teen Club.

The Caribbean Princess use to have one also that my kids used, which was great but I think with the renovation of that area, the splash pool was removed. 

Thank you. 

Do you know if the splash pool is something that's open outside of the kids club hours (i.e. is it accessible via a different entrance?)

32 minutes ago, SuzieQ521 said:

Thank you. 

Do you know if the splash pool is something that's open outside of the kids club hours (i.e. is it accessible via a different entrance?)

On the Caribbean it was open any time, which was nice because my kids used it when they were too young for the kids club. It was hidden from view so I don't think many people knew it was there. That was one of the reasons I sailed with my kids on the Caribbean before covid and the renovation of that area.

Hopefully it's the same on the Crown.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, akeasley said:

This summer our 8 and 4 year old granddaughters loved the Caribbean Princess kid's area (Splash Zone) with a splash area (sprays, buckets, etc.), small shallow pool, small and deep pool (so the 4 year old wore floaties), bar (well the grandparents and parents liked that more!), and comfortable seating in addition to lounges.

For more info on the Caribbean Princess Splash Zone check out https://www.princess.com/en-us/ships-and-experience/onboard-experience/kids-and-teens.  Click on Reef Splash Zone for pictures and descriptions.

The rules for the Splash Zone are the same as all other pools:  no diapers (including swim diapers).

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just an update here since we just returned from our Crown cruise: There was no splash pool and no one knew what I was talking about when I asked. I may have completely missed it but I walked everywhere on deck 17 and did not see it. 😞

Behind the kids club, there is a deeper small pool (that was closed the whole time) but no splash pool. Not sure if it was taken out recently or what. 

Fortunately, they did provide life vests so my son was able to swim in the regular pool.

Edited by SuzieQ521

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2023 at 4:36 PM, SuzieQ521 said:

Fortunately, they did provide life vests so my son was able to swim in the regular pool.

How old is your son? We are taking a 3 yo and a 5 yo with us and wondering if we needed to bring the kids swim vests or if they had some. 

1 hour ago, W247 said:

How old is your son? We are taking a 3 yo and a 5 yo with us and wondering if we needed to bring the kids swim vests or if they had some. 

The Crown did have lots of kids life vests, yes. My son is 5 (although big for his age) but I believe they did have smaller sizes too.