Current internet speed on Enchanted Princess

NorthChannel

I'm currently on Enchanted (lovely ship!) and am a bit perplexed by the internet. I was excited to be using Starlink for the first time, but thus far it's been disappointing. Since leaving Barcelona on Sunday I've been getting nothing faster that c. 2.8mbs download speed on both my devices (iPhone, and MacBook Air). The strange thing is, when I logged onto a desktop in the onboard internet cafe and did a speed test I was getting over 40mbs. I asked the person at the help desk and tbh, I don't think he has any specific IT training. He (very politely) fobbed me off and said they'd 'look into it' and contact me if they had a solution. Two days later and I've not heard anything. Any ideas what the issue could be? Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

8 hours ago, NorthChannel said:

...Any ideas what the issue could be?

You are using satellite internet over a WiFi connection, so  2.8 is pretty good. Folks here have reported as high as 3 with Starlink. The desktop in the internet cafe is a wired connection and will be faster.

When you get home, compare your home wired connection to WiFi. The wired connection will be comparatively faster.

I looked it up, so to save perhaps someone else time and trouble, "Fobbed off," means to be given a response just to get rid of you. I hadn't heard that one before.

Edited by mtnesterz