Beach Pass Recommendations

islandgirlejfan

We will be in Bonaire in January.  I watched a video recently on YouTube where a travel couple recommended Chogogo for a beach day pass and that is what my husband and I would like to do this time.  My only concerns with this one is it sounds like they only take so many people and getting a taxi back to the dock.  Can anyone weight in on this?  The price is certainly great....$25 dollars, $10 or which is a food/drink credit.

I found one other choice online which is Plaza Beach & Dive Resort Bonaire. They are a little more cash, $125 to be exact.  They include the following: 

• Sunbed
  • Drinks (soft drinks, house wine or beer)
  • Lunch
  • 2 Snacks
  • Pool & beach access
  • Beach towel

Does anyone have any experience with them by chance?  Do you think it's worth the price?  I like the fact that they are walkable even though we'd still probably get a taxi back.  I'm trying to get opinions because Chogogo sounds like we need to be there Plaza Beach sounds like they want an upfront email.  If you know about either, please weigh in. 🙂

We spent the day at Chogogo in May when we spent the week in Bonaire.  We had a car, but I would think they'd call a cab for you if there wasn't one there, or maybe you can ask your driver to return to pick you up.  We noticed that they did not have any openings on the weekend, so we went during the week.  Good snorkeling, good food and easy to get a chair in the shade.  The had a lazy river as well, we rode around once or twice.

• Like 1

Oh wow - my friend and I went to Plaza Bonaire many years ago and it was only like $10 or $20 at most for use of chairs/pool/beach (did not include food and drinks, obviously).  I was hoping to go again this year but we only have a half day and $125 is steep.  It had great snorkeling right off the beach and the pool was nice. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We recently went to Chogogo and had a good time. You should enjoy it. Take water shoes for the shore and a snorkel and mask. I didn't really think fins were necessary, even though we had them. I think the taxi was $10 each day and it was cash only.

Another thread on here:

I will say that we were one of the first one there that day (9AM-10PM) and my wife got worn out in the sun all day. So I'd say go later in the day. They may eventually turn people away, but there's not much escaping the heat, just fyi.

Edited by five.
  • Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/12/2023 at 10:59 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

Thanks for the replies!  We are going to be in Bonaire on a Wednesday, so it should be all good!

Just curious where did you end up going and how was it? We will be in Bonaire on my birthday at the end of January and are considering going to the resort, but I don't want to waste my day if it isn't good....

On 12/28/2023 at 3:27 PM, Fivelinks said:

Just curious where did you end up going and how was it? We will be in Bonaire on my birthday at the end of January and are considering going to the resort, but I don't want to waste my day if it isn't good....

We are leaving for Florida this Thursday and picking up our cruise on Friday...we booked Bonaire Cruisers and we still may go to Chogogo....not really sure yet.  Looked at some videos of the tours around the island and thought both could be fun!  For the price of the other beach we can do the golf cart AND the beach and still be ahead of the game as far as money.  Some of the other cruisers in our group have done Bonaire Cruisers and it sounds nice.  There is a GREAT video online of Chogogo and going there.  The people are TA's and I know CC isn't wild about posting anything like that.  It's a couple though and the title starts out with WOW!!  Only a 25$ excursion!  I found the video very informative and they show you the facilities.  It looks fantastic.....I know years ago we went on a ship's tour of a place on St. Lucia and we were totally disappointed......this looks much better, especially for the price! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2023 at 7:37 PM, islandgirlejfan said:

We are leaving for Florida this Thursday and picking up our cruise on Friday...we booked Bonaire Cruisers and we still may go to Chogogo....not really sure yet.  Looked at some videos of the tours around the island and thought both could be fun!  For the price of the other beach we can do the golf cart AND the beach and still be ahead of the game as far as money.  Some of the other cruisers in our group have done Bonaire Cruisers and it sounds nice.  There is a GREAT video online of Chogogo and going there.  The people are TA's and I know CC isn't wild about posting anything like that.  It's a couple though and the title starts out with WOW!!  Only a 25$ excursion!  I found the video very informative and they show you the facilities.  It looks fantastic.....I know years ago we went on a ship's tour of a place on St. Lucia and we were totally disappointed......this looks much better, especially for the price! 🙂

Curious to find out what you ended up doing? Looking at options for Bonaire in May

On 1/8/2024 at 6:50 PM, mamiamjo said:

Curious to find out what you ended up doing? Looking at options for Bonaire in May

We did Bonaire Cruisers.  HIGHLY recommended!!  You can ride around and just pick a beach.  No stress (which is why we love Bonaire in the first place) and we had time to do the whole island, but selected just to do the south route.  Bonaire Cruisers has a number of videos to watch on YouTube.  We saw many flamingos and several donkeys in addition to the beautiful beaches.  If you decide to do this, reserve your date at their site online.

Chogogo will be on our list for the next cruise or Eden Resort.  Some people from our group went there and it looked splendid!  Think they paid 10 a piece for a chair and an umbrella.  

On 1/13/2024 at 9:07 AM, islandgirlejfan said:

We did Bonaire Cruisers.  HIGHLY recommended!!  You can ride around and just pick a beach.  No stress (which is why we love Bonaire in the first place) and we had time to do the whole island, but selected just to do the south route.  Bonaire Cruisers has a number of videos to watch on YouTube.  We saw many flamingos and several donkeys in addition to the beautiful beaches.  If you decide to do this, reserve your date at their site online.

Chogogo will be on our list for the next cruise or Eden Resort.  Some people from our group went there and it looked splendid!  Think they paid 10 a piece for a chair and an umbrella.  

islandgirlejfan. Can you specify in your last paragraph if folks from your cruise went to Chogogo or Eden?  We are going to Bonaire in September and still trying to figure out what to do.

3 minutes ago, cruisegal40 said:

islandgirlejfan. Can you specify in your last paragraph if folks from your cruise went to Chogogo or Eden?  We are going to Bonaire in September and still trying to figure out what to do.

We didn't do either.  People in our group when to Eden and seemed very happy with it.  She said it was 10 dollars a piece for a chair with an umbrella.  Chogogo sounds like a great deal as well.....we probably would have done that, but the golf cart thing was really neat.  We will go to Chogogo the next time.  I personally don't think you can go wrong with any of them.  Lots of neat videos on YouTube about all of them! 🙂

• Like 1

Just now, islandgirlejfan said:

We didn't do either.  People in our group when to Eden and seemed very happy with it.  She said it was 10 dollars a piece for a chair with an umbrella.  Chogogo sounds like a great deal as well.....we probably would have done that, but the golf cart thing was really neat.  We will go to Chogogo the next time.  I personally don't think you can go wrong with any of them.  Lots of neat videos on YouTube about all of them! 🙂

Thank you for the quick reply. I guess I am heading over to YT!

• Like 1