NEED HELP WITH INSIDE CABIN ON VOLENDAM!

dallascruiser

Can someone help me with information on a good inside cabin on Volendam please.  I haven’t sailed HAL for many years so I am not up to date on cabin locations.  I am looking at a cruise in 2024 and there aren’t too many cabins left and I want to book tomorrow.  Thanks in advance for all your help.

Cabin 2619 is my favorite inside on the R-class ships. 

It is larger than the other 'large insides'. Absolutely mid-ship, with the mid-ship staircase abutting one wall of the cabin, and the elevator feet away. 
Enough room to get a mobility scooter inside, store it, without compromising walking space. 

If that doesn't suit you, or is taken, then the I-category cabins on Lower Promenade between the atrium and mid-ship elevators are my second choice. 

Just don't book anything on Lower Promenade between the mid-ship and aft staircases; the galley is right above, and there is noise during the night. 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, dallascruiser said:

Can someone help me with information on a good inside cabin on Volendam please.  I haven’t sailed HAL for many years so I am not up to date on cabin locations.  I am looking at a cruise in 2024 and there aren’t too many cabins left and I want to book tomorrow.  Thanks in advance for all your help.

My brother and SIL were in 3356 on the Lower Promenade. They found it dark and quiet. You are steps from the promenade walkway!

https://halfacts.com/r-class/3356-volendam-i/

6 minutes ago, dallascruiser said:

So many of the cabins are already sold but it looks like I can get Ruth’s recommendation of the 2619, but I’m wanting to do a B to B and how would cabins L3399-3423 be good or bad?  Thanks so much.   

They are too far aft for my taste, but are otherwise fine cabins. They are larger than the outsides across the passageway (because of the promenade outside those outside cabins; they are smaller than other outsides). 

These cabins will be more rectangular, essentially the same layout as outside cabins. The biggest differences are the insides have a love seat, while the outsides have a couch (unless they are lanai cabins), and the bathroom vanity is much larger in the inside cabin, as it takes up the footprint of the tub were it an outside. Lot's of space to put things down. 

Do check to be sure if cabin 2619 is available for both cruises on your planned back to back, but also check to see if it is reserved for a collector's cruise. Sometimes cabins are assigned one way or the other if both of your itineraries are sold both ways. 

14 minutes ago, dallascruiser said:

...it looks like I can get Ruth’s recommendation of the 2619, but I’m wanting to do a B to B and how would cabins L3399-3423 be good or bad?  Thanks so much.   

Those are not actually bad at all, except for the longer walk to the Crows Nest! I would choose 3407/3408 or higher. You will be under the carpeted Main Dining Room and not the galley!

I understand about not wanting to move between a B2B (although it is said to not be that bad). Ruth makes a good point and you should have a TA or your PCC check "inventory" that the Deck 2 cabin is really NOT available for both legs. Then go for the 3407-3423. The whole ship is really not that long!

Ok I am in a dilemma now should I choose aft cabins on lower promenade 3411-3423( we don’t mind the walk to aft) or cabins J1877 and J1905 as suggested all these are available for the back to back so I wouldn’t have to change cabins.  I guess my concern is noise level in any of these cabins.  I think I would like the lower promenade level being able to go outside so easy.  Can you help me I need to call TA.  Thanks so much, I couldn’t do this on my own.

The only noise we had in J1877 was when they were using the gangway right  across the passageway from the stairway lobby

.  This was only once on a 10 day cruise.  There is no noise from the stairway or from above. We have J1905 for a future cruise but have not stayed there in the past.   

Edited by carnivaljunkie

4 hours ago, dallascruiser said:

Ok I am in a dilemma now should I choose aft cabins on lower promenade 3411-3423( we don’t mind the walk to aft) or cabins J1877 and J1905 as suggested all these are available for the back to back so I wouldn’t have to change cabins.  I guess my concern is noise level in any of these cabins.  I think I would like the lower promenade level being able to go outside so easy.  Can you help me I need to call TA.  Thanks so much, I couldn’t do this on my own.

The cabins on the Lower Promenade would look like the halfacts inside I posted above. This is not a tiny cabin! But here is 1877 (on sister ship Zaandam):

https://halfacts.com/r-class/1877-zaandam/

You can see the extra space, but it is "just space". Useful if you have mobility (or other) equipment, but just space otherwise.

I would choose a lower-number lower promenade cabin, myself!

17 hours ago, triiip42 said:

not the OP but thank you both for such good information.

You're welcome. I love my inside cabins, having spent a lot of time in them. 
Also spent just enough time in outside and a few veranda cabins to know the comparisons. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1